What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is coming up on their one year anniversary?

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry I had to cut you off. I'm in Berkeley at a 3 day seminar (staying over at the hotel so have free food/room etc) and in conferences all day. I'll be back in Business on Thursday but I'm trying to check in now and then... right now waiting on dinner to be served so took a break up in the room.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
BrennB said:
Sorry I had to cut you off. I'm in Berkeley at a 3 day seminar (staying over at the hotel so have free food/room etc) and in conferences all day. I'll be back in Business on Thursday but I'm trying to check in now and then... right now waiting on dinner to be served so took a break up in the room.

Please say you have your ipad with you. Lol

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BrennB said:

Please say you have your ipad with you. Lol

As a matter of fact I brought it down to the meeting rooms along with my zaggmate and there were SEVERAL ipad users there taking notes on the ipad. I Showed my set up with "Plain text" app and dropbox auto sync and the zaggmate...everyone wanted a zaggmate. It worked wonderfully through all the sessions, I never took an ink/paper note the entire day.

Now, if only they had provided digital copies of the powerpoint printout and agendas I could have put my notes right on the pdfs!

Only reason for the laptop is to use connectify in the room to provide wireless access.... stupid room doesn't let my airportexpress share a signal and the software on my rooted android is rumored to have a sniffer for "cheating" the wireless adhoc so not going to try to tether. We have the ipad (3g so no biggie) and then two laptops to run in the room.

Anyway. Fun stuff and a really good testimonial to the use of the ipad for meetings/conferences; sure is much lighter to carry around than my laptop and didn't have to worry about a power source.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no worries about the life of my iPad. In fact, I wonder who will get it when I buy an iPad 3.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no worries about the life of my iPad. In fact, I wonder who will get it when I buy an iPad 3.

I agree with you. The iPad seems like a well made device to me. I'm sure the battery will be dead long before anything else, assuming I don't drop it!

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not my one year anniversary with iPad yet, but LOL, I have had iPhone since launch day June 2007. (well, AN iPhone that is; have had the different versions every year since) I agree that the iDevices are well made products. I anticipate several years of fun with iPad. I'll be curious to see how long they last before a battery is needed. I know what they're rated for, but it's obviously too early to see what actual results are.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
April 3rd day one preorder here! I knew it would rock...still love it!

Last edited:

Firewall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For the iPad. Just sayin....ya never know!

Mine is June something. So ~ after that one year, Apple won't replace our iPads without paying, right?

Watch mine die a few days later!

Sorta. I didn't get my iPad until late May, but I got married the day the iPad came out (April 3rd) :)

What I always worry about is the connector at the bottom of the iPad when the charging/'USB' plug is connected. It seems a little delicate to me; all those tiny contacts. Has anyone experienced any problems with this? I've not seen anything reported, but it always strikes me as the most vunerable part of the iPad.

Tim
Scotland

As I mentioned I got mine in late May last year. Randomly in mid-July my charging port stopped working. The only response I could get from it is my iPad would turn on when I plugged it in, but would not charge or sync. I took it up to the Apple store and walked out with a replacement in probably less than 15 minutes. The replacement is still functioning with no problems

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reminds me I need to find an Apple Store. I got a few dots that look like LED bleed threw. not noticeable too much, but you know they are there.......

Most reactions

Latest posts