What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad stopped working

peterb345

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone
my sons ipad just stopped working so I took it to Apple store after 30 mins of them working on it they have now told me there is nothing they can do to it
has i have had it 2 years they wont replace it but if I pay them they will give me a new one
this cost me over £300 when new & 2 years down the line that's it. they say it might be a battery problem
has anyone else had this happen ? the thing his Apple only do warranty for 2 years you can not extend it any more
if you went to BMW & paid £30000 for a car then 2 years later are told its no good anymore what would you do?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I feel your pain. It is never nice when equipment fails, but it does fail from time to time. This is nothing special with Apple, and I don't think it is fair to compare the experience to purchasing an expensive car and having that fail in the same time frame. You expect a modern expensive car to last 15+ years, but you do pay for regular servicing and the warranty is just as limited (relatively speaking). You should not expect modern consumer electronic devices to have the same characteristics. That said, you have been unlucky to experience a device failure after 2 years of ownership.

As I say, it's never good when something you paid money for fails before you have finished using it for it's intended purpose and it is outside of the warranty period, but it does happen.
You will just have to decide for yourself whether you want to carry on with Apple, or you feel so aggrieved by the situation that you want to try something else. But I can promise you, the grass is no greener anywhere else. In fact, in my experience, owners of Apple products normally have amongst the best experiences out there.

I hope you get a resolution which you are happy with.

Last edited:

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
peterb345 said:
Hi everyone
my sons ipad just stopped working so I took it to Apple store after 30 mins of them working on it they have now told me there is nothing they can do to it
has i have had it 2 years they wont replace it but if I pay them they will give me a new one
this cost me over £300 when new & 2 years down the line that's it. they say it might be a battery problem
has anyone else had this happen ? the thing his Apple only do warranty for 2 years you can not extend it any more
if you went to BMW & paid £30000 for a car then 2 years later are told its no good anymore what would you do?

Don't take their word for it being beyond repair. Get a second opinion from someone who would be more motivated to repair rather than replace the unit. I am sure other members in the UK might be able to recommend a repairer near London.

Good luck with it and don't give up on iPads.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Pay the money for the new one and repair the old one yourself. You will learn a lot and if/when the new one quits, you'll be ready.

Most reactions

Latest posts