What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where in the world?-discussions

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The new rules for where in the world have been added to the first post in this thread.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Certainly the first challenge was made more difficult because it was a site under construction.
I don't use Goggle and I pretty much exhausted my usual methods of sleuthing and was unable to find a match.

The "Stayin Alive" clue turned it for me. But initially I didn't connect it to the brothers Gibb since the family moved to Queensland in the 50s.
Which is where they settled and found fame. I figured it was a reference to something else.

AA

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does this mean that,in the case of this photograph,we would mention that the photo is from Wikipedia and is attributed to Colin Smith?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
Does this mean that,in the case of this photograph,we would mention that the photo is from Wikipedia and is attributed to Colin Smith?

If you follow the links from the URL that I gave you, you get this.....

image-1643069196.jpg

image-2675936476.jpg

The Archangel

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't find the pages in your screenshots,the closest I found was this

image-1333530437.jpg

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I have just realised that you can't follow my link, you have to follow the route to get to it described in my post.

The Archangel

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Gents the link attribution is troublesome for game play. It is a marker that takes a contestant either right to or close enough to the source, with great ease. Basically it pretty much eliminates the challenge aspect of WITW.

Thoughts?

AA

Last edited:
OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You may need to do it from a PC/Mac.

The Archangel
The only way I could figure out how to add the link attribution is if I post the picture with my iPad,then edit the post on my computer to add the link attribution.Hardly a workable solution.Does anybody have a workable solution?

Last edited:
OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gents the link attribution is troublesome for game play. It is a market that takes a contestant either right to or close enough to the source, with great ease. Basically it pretty much eliminates the challenge aspect of WITW.

Thoughts?

AA
If that's the case,then where in the world under the new rules is not workable.A requirement for an attribution that gives the answer away certainly won't work.Unless a member is a world traveller who takes lots of pictures,he won't have enough photos of his own to be able to continue to post new challenges.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts