What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the last show you went to?

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just saw "Dirty Dancing", performed by amateurs in Vila Vita, Pannonia.

The actors were mostly staff of Vila Vita, had to make the stage scenery and costumes by themselves. They had fun performing, and it was fun watching them. Sometimes the one playing Johnny Castle forgot his lines, but that didn't really matter.

That must have been a great show. The amateur dramatic societies are real grass roots stuff.

I think "The Crimson Coconut" is a favourite one act play. I've seen that one a few times in my youth.

At school I used to help build the scenery for the plays. I didn't work behind stage though.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That must have been a great show. The amateur dramatic societies are real grass roots stuff.

I think "The Crimson Coconut" is a favourite one act play. I've seen that one a few times in my youth.

At school I used to help build the scenery for the plays. I didn't work behind stage though.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

It certainly was great.
The people were performing for their guests, and whoever wanted to see it too was welcome.
One of the actors (leading role) should have been a former student of mine, but she's on vacation at the moment, so we saw her understudy.

rjkgr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i went to watch Lion king, different but was still good

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The last theater production I saw was the musical "Wicked" (in April). I've had the pleasure of seeing it in London and then three times via this tour company here in the USA.

What an amazing show! I'd recommend it to anyone...

Marilyn

I saw Wicked in NYC last february and loved it !

I don't know if concerts count here or not but I went to hear Leonard Cohen last june and he was fantastic :)))

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sorry, J. A. I haven't been anywhere in this century. Except to listen to some one sing. :) ;)

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was in Vienna yesterday, in Raimundtheater, watching a performance of the musical "Elisabeth", with my daughter.

The actors/singers were great, especially the one who played Death. "Elisabeth" (the actress) sometimes had problems singing high tones.

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This:

image-575464332.jpg

Musical school Frauenkirchen celebrated a 30/50 year anniversary in Vila Vita/Pannonia with the performance of all students, aged 6 to almost 30 years. The show lasted for 4 hours, but every minute was worth watching and listening.

Most reactions