What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Can You Watch TV Shows on iPad for Free?

Shala

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are so many questions about "TV Shows on iPad" from Yahoo Answer and from this "iPadforum".

Where to watch TV shows for iPad?
Where can I watch TV shows online for my iPad?
How to watch movies and TV shows on my ipad?
How to download movies/TV shows onto my iPad?

To help those who are in need of a feasible way to get that. I particularly took some time to collect an usable tutorial on how to watch tv shows on iPad for free.

there are a few ways to to that. but I think the best way is use a free iPad converter!

Watch TV Shows on iPad with FilmOn

If you think that watching Live TV Shows on iPad and iPhone is really great, you will surely want to get FilmOn! It allows you to watch live TV shows on iPad or iPhone 4 absolutely for free! It streams videos online and has HD quality television shows from CNN, BBC, Sky News etc.

tv-shows-ipad.jpg

The thing which is goin to really surprise you is that FilmOn is not an app. You can access FilmOn in the safari browser of your iOS device by going to filmonWatch live TV in HD. Pay per view and HD movies on demand. The ultimate virtual TV experience.. Moreover it allows you to view the TV schedule, pause a live show etc.

Watch TV Shows on iPad for Free with Netflix

Netflix is also one of the best and most complete iPad video applications. The constantly growing library has full seasons of TV shows like Friday Night Lights and Mythbusters, and a huge collection of movies ranging from mob dramas like The Godfather to light-hearted animated films like Up.

netflix.jpg

Watch TV Shows on iPad for Free with Clicker

Clicker is a Web site that acts as a TV Guide for all the Web's video (including the network stuff), and if you visit it from the iPad, you'll get all iPad-compatible video. Whether you're looking for shows like The Guild or the latest from ESPN, it's all on Clicker.

clicker.jpg

Watch TV Shows on iPad for Free with Network TV Sites

Many network shows can be viewed with the Hulu Plus app, but many of the networks have more complete solutions, with lots of extra material and information. ABC has a free app with plenty of recent episodes of its shows, as well as the ABC TV schedule and information about its lineup. The CBS site is iPad-optimized, so you can watch episodes, clips and more right from Mobile Safari. Bravo has an iPad app for streaming full episodes, and TBS has one with more limited functionality.

network-tv-sites.jpg

For more information on how to watch TV shows on iPad free.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A warning for those whose kids use their iPads, using FilmOn they can access snippits of films which are not suitable for them and there doesn't appear to be anyway of stopping it.

The Archangel

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
A warning for those whose kids use their iPads, using FilmOn they can access snippits of films which are not suitable for them and there doesn't appear to be anyway of stopping it.

The Archangel

Is this not possible by setting ratings under restrictions? Or is this only for installing apps?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried "film on" on my iPad earlier this year and it constantly crashed and froze.
The site also contained adult movies which was not suitable for family life.
The site has many technical issues and I no longer wanted to expose my iPad to possible damaging issues. Not worth it.

slayda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Vulkano Platinum on my cable box/TV. With it, I can watch live TV or DL recorded TV on my iPad or PC as long as I have Wi-Fi (I don't have 3G on my iPad). I can also change channels and/or schedule shows to be recorded from my iPad. The iPad, iPhone & Android apps are free but of course you have to purchase the Vulkano unit. Cheaper than TIVO and no monthly charge but a little less capable than TIVO, especially for setting up to record a TV series automatically.

I've discovered that the 10 inch iPad is about right for watching video. Anything smaller is just too small.

The Platinum doesn't include any storage but has an SD card slot (capable of up to 32 GB) & even though the documents says it requires a hard drive with eSATA connections, it is working fine with my USB hard drive salvaged from a dead laptop.

abdullahkelly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How to watch TV show on Ipad

I also don't know how to watch TV show on Ipad, It is lucky for me to find this website to be guilded.

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Xbmc. Start from there...endless posibilities.

Yukon Jack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm going to have to try this for TV shows my wife doesn't like and I do.

Most reactions