What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the last movie you saw?

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
"The Guilty"

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Fifidelille

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sun King said:
Well I watched my previously mentioned movie on my flight back from the UK back to Cyprus .....it kept the lady next to me amused as well because it had sub titles.

The iPad is perfect for flights , big screen loads of battery reserve .....I love it.

Pls help me with some tips on how to watch my movies on my IPad 2. They are in .avi format

Sent from my iPad using iPF

DanBarraclough04

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fifidelille said:
Pls help me with some tips on how to watch my movies on my IPad 2. They are in .avi format

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Try using something like AcePlayer or FlexPlayer. Or you could try converting them?
I've just re downloaded my favourite movies in MP4 in 720p. Hassle free, instant transfers :)

Dan

windrider07

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hunger Games and I agree....great movie! Great action, drama, and romance. I enjoyed it. I plan to watch The Devil Inside soon.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Rogue Trader (for the second time). It's the Nick Leeson story, based on Leeson's book about how his unauthorized derivatives trading, broke Barings Bank.
Stars Ewan McGregor as Leeson. Well done film. Not dry.
AA

This is Leeson on the job ....
image-3593285546.jpg

This is McGregor portraying Leeson in the film.
image-2418482040.jpg

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rogue Trader (for the second time). It's the Nick Leeson story, based on Leeson's book about how his unauthorized derivatives trading, broke Barings Bank.
Stars Ewan McGregor as Leeson. Well done film. Not dry.
AA

This is Leeson on the job ....
View attachment 12511

This is McGregor portraying Leeson in the film.
View attachment 12512

I didn't know they'd made a Leeson movie. Cool. I will have to look for it on Netflix. Unbelievable how one guy was able to bring down such a storied business. But I guess it depends on whether you believe one guy was responsible. I don't know.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Kaykaykay said:
I didn't know they'd made a Leeson movie. Cool. I will have to look for it on Netflix. Unbelievable how one guy was able to bring down such a storied business. But I guess it depends on whether you believe one guy was responsible. I don't know.

I haven't seen it on Netflix Canada.

As for acting alone .... Leeson was the perpetrator, but his accomplices were many.
His superiors abandoned all oversight, because he was making them a lot of money.
And the regulatory side of the business was also complicit.

Interesting how nothing happened on the regulatory side after Barings. If anything it became more lax. Part of the reason Lehman Bros., tanked and took global credit markets with it.

If you like stories about financial hijinks, check out MARGIN CALL. It's available in iTunes to rent.
AA
image-3524441648.jpg

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't seen it on Netflix Canada.

As for acting alone .... Leeson was the perpetrator, but his accomplices were many.
His superiors abandoned all oversight, because he was making them a lot of money.
And the regulatory side of the business was also complicit.

Interesting how nothing happened on the regulatory side after Barings. If anything it became more lax. Part of the reason Lehman Bros., tanked and took global credit markets with it.

If you like stories about financial hijinks, check out MARGIN CALL. It's available in iTunes to rent.
AA
View attachment 12518

Thanks for the Margin Call rec, too.

Blast, Rogue Trader not on U.S. Netflix streaming. Will have to check for it on disc.

I remember thinking that his superiors must've looked the other way. The crazy thing was, he was making relatively money in take-home, especially considering the criminal risks he took. A lot of bankers do underhanded things in gray areas and get away with much more money of their own, then continue to work in the industry.

Most reactions

Latest posts