What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the last movie you saw?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't read the book, how does it compare to the movie?
The book (I've read it in German) has 300 pages, describing the proceedings from various points of view, German as well as French, British, ... There's way more information in the book than the movie is able to deliver, and of course it's not always possible in a film to "show" the thoughts of the people involved.

There are photos from WW II (the Atlantic Wall, pictures from the landing, e.g.) , some of the people involved (Rommel, Eisenhower,...) , and maps showing the bases in England, the routes that the ships and planes used, the different "beaches", and what's going on before and on D-Day. There's also an excerpt from the US 1st Division, from the time of their arrival at Omaha Beach until they managed to move forward.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The book (I've read it in German) has 300 pages, describing the proceedings from various points of view, German as well as French, British, ... There's way more information in the book than the movie is able to deliver, and of course it's not always possible in a film to "show" the thoughts of the people involved.

There are photos from WW II (the Atlantic Wall, pictures from the landing, e.g.) , some of the people involved (Rommel, Eisenhower,...) , and maps showing the bases in England, the routes that the ships and planes used, the different "beaches", and what's going on before and on D-Day. There's also an excerpt from the US 1st Division, from the time of their arrival at Omaha Beach until they managed to move forward.
To include all that material in the movie would have resulted in a movie several days long. I'll have to find a copy to read.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mad Max: Fury Road 3D

Yawn! Yet another example of a great movie (sound, graphics and 3D) ruined by the total lack of a story.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
To include all that material in the movie would have resulted in a movie several days long. I'll have to find a copy to read.
If the maps are not included (they are on the book's hardover, inside), I can take pictures and send them to you, if you're interested.

miketyson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mission Impossible: Rouge Nation. Not that exciting compare to the previous ones. Most favorite scene is the water panel scene but still didn't manage to impress me much or give a large impact. Full of expected scenes, not match intense unlike Mission Impossible part 3 which is the best one for me.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
image.jpeg

Most reactions

Latest posts