What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the expected lifespan of an IPad?

Meriii

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kidding ;)
Have my iPad now for 3.5 years - and still working perfectly

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know that Apple will change batteries in models that they've stopped supporting. (They don't actually change the batteries in your iPad, they just hand you a refurbished unit, transfer the data over, and then send yours in for refurbishing).

I can't see apple refurbishing 5 to 10 year old models and keeping them in stock in case someone shows up with a 'moldy oldy' that needs batteries... Unfortunately, it's gotta end sometime :)

I kept my iPad 1 when I last upgraded to the Air.. It's going on 4 years now and still has surprisingly good battery life.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know that Apple will change batteries in models that they've stopped supporting. (They don't actually change the batteries in your iPad, they just hand you a refurbished unit, transfer the data over, and then send yours in for refurbishing).

I can't see apple refurbishing 5 to 10 year old models and keeping them in stock in case someone shows up with a 'moldy oldy' that needs batteries... Unfortunately, it's gotta end sometime :)

I kept my iPad 1 when I last upgraded to the Air.. It's going on 4 years now and still has surprisingly good battery life.
Actually they can change the batteries in your iPad and return the same iPad to you. They've not announced anything yet about no longer servicing the iPad 1. Until they do, Apple will still service them.

Most reactions

Latest posts