What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What music are you listening to right now!?!?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gee, Kevin. I thought my musical tastes were eclectic! My LP collection also includes Anna Russell, PDQ Bach, and the usual suspects from Gilbert & Sullivan.
There isn't much I won't listen to. I've been getting heavily into choral music lately, which I would once have avoided.

Mozart - Apollo Et Hyacinthus K.38

In this recording, the opera is performed as originally intended; by boys between the ages of 12 and 16. One adult appears, the father of Hyacinthus and Melia. The composer was actually younger at the time of writing than the youngest of the performers. The opera was written when he was 11 years old.

Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 8.21.55 PM.png

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've been getting heavily into choral music lately, which I would once have avoided.

Then you won't want to miss the Berlioz Requiem. My favorite recording is the Robert Shaw/Atlanta on Telarc, but I attended a magnificent performance by the St. Louis Symphony under Leonard Slatkin, with a combined chorus of over 200 voices. I still get goosebumps thinking about it!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Then you won't want to miss the Berlioz Requiem. My favorite recording is the Robert Shaw/Atlanta on Telarc, but I attended a magnificent performance by the St. Louis Symphony under Leonard Slatkin, with a combined chorus of over 200 voices. I still get goosebumps thinking about it!
Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 7.19.52 AM.png
I have a few recordings by Shaw/Atlanta, mostly on Telarc CD. I also have his Carmina Burana on vinyl. I've been considering buying the CD version, but have baulked so far since I have a stupid number of copies already, like 24, including 3 complete Trionfi, 2 piano/percussion copies and a version by Ray Manzarek playing who-knows-what.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Talking of live performances, I checked off a bucket list item a while back with a performance of Beethoven’s 9th by the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra.

Most reactions