What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do I need?

newfie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but please humour me...

What Ipad do I need?

EpiciPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Depending on how much content you plan on putting on it determines how much memory you'll need. I have a 16gb iPad WiFi only model and I have around 350 songs, 1000+ photos, 30+ apps, a movie and I still have memory left. If you want Internet access on the go get a 3G model.

OP
newfie

newfie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you.

I have an iphone 4, 32 gb, and its 80% full.... just not sure what to do for ipad

larfor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi!
Just buy the 64 gb / 3g Ipad and you never have to think about if you bought the right one :)

Good Luck!

Alanfujii

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just for a possible ratio difference between what you have on the iPhone vs. The iPad.

I have a 32g iPhone 4 with about 62% filled vs. 64g iPad that is about 50% filled.

The iTunes portion is basically the same on both. I figure the increase use of memory is in the apps on the iPad with more data files than I would keep on the iPhone. I would venture to guess you would have a similar ratio. My recommendation is to expect an increase between 25 to 40% increase in memory requirements.

As for 3G or not. I now do probably 85% of my web surfing using the iPad. I could not imagine not having 3G and solely relying on a wifi connection.

Most reactions