What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DVD Viewing on iPad

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPadFever1 said:
Can someone give a good explanation on how to DVD to iPad 3 format, good quality?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
iPadFever1 • Remember me!

Are you using Windows or Mac? I can talk about ways to do it on Windows but not on the MAC. Of course, you own the DVDs in question, right?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The_teacher said:
Actually it will work with dvds, im sorry you are misinformed and have not had the opportunity to use avplayer hd. What needs to be done first is use anydvd to crack any possible protection issues, then rip the dvd using dvd shrink. Ive done it numerous times and loaded the video files(vob, avi) through the app in itunes. Handbrake is a waste of time, trust me quality is perfect rip.

You know...if I were going to go this approach, I'd use MakeMKV rather than DVD Shrink. AVPlayerHD handles mkv's too. MakeMKV is actually supported, too.

Reaction score
The_teacher said:
Actually it will work with dvds, im sorry you are misinformed and have not had the opportunity to use avplayer hd. What needs to be done first is use anydvd to crack any possible protection issues, then rip the dvd using dvd shrink. Ive done it numerous times and loaded the video files(vob, avi) through the app in itunes. Handbrake is a waste of time, trust me quality is perfect rip.

So what is bad about Handbrake? I have been using it for years. Ripped over 300 DVDs and enjoy them on iPad, AppleTVs with very acceptable results. On iPad the resolution is just right for watching on a plane. On the AppleTVs ( I have 4 and they are connected to screens from 40 to 63" and a 110" front HD projection system in my home theater) the resolution is not BluRay quality but most of the content is old movies I got from my local library. Just having them on demand is a thrill.

Please let me know if here is a better way. Thanks..

Most reactions