What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Defrag an virus protection

audoial

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey folks new to the forum got a question that has probably been asked a million times. Do I need a virus protection an do I Ned's to defrag my iPad?

Thank,King

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You don't need to do either.

Periodically rebooting is about all you need to do, and only then if things are acting up.

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
audoial said:
Hey folks new to the forum got a question that has probably been asked a million times. Do I need a virus protection an do I Ned's to defrag my iPad?

Thank,King

The beauty of the device is that none of that is necessary.

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
KevinJS is spot on as usual. And you really don't need to do either of those item thankfully. But.....

Should you actually ever feel inclined to defrag, there is a way to do it. Use iTunes to do a full backup and then tell it to do a full restore. Depending on how much data, apps, music, photos and books you have it can take anywhere from 30 to 90+ minutes to complete the restore process. During the restore process all the data is written first and then apps, music, books and photos if memory serves. But I have only done this once and it was simply to test a theory because I am odd like that.

Most reactions

Latest posts