What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are the average wait times to receive ipad 2 store/reseller

bookcase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm curious about the wait times others have had because I'm debating about cancelling an order I have with Nebraska Furniture Mart in Omaha, NE. Here's the entire fiasco that's causing this possible decisions.

In late March my father started looking into tablets to buy my mother a school teacher to use to take attendance and integrate into her curriculum. We quickly narrowed it down to the ipad. Then after researching online, several phone called to our local Apple store to see if they had the model we wanted in as well as some phone calls to local resellers we decided on NFM because their wait time was on par with the 2-3 week wait Apple had posted on their website, but with NFM I could ship to store.

On April 14 I ordered a 32gb wifi only black model from NFM. I was told a wait time on par to possibly shorter than Apple- May 1st but call before because it might come in sooner. I called about 4 days before it was suppose to come in. I was informed that they did receive a shipment and my should be ready for pickup on April 30. However on April 29th the day before I was suppose to pick it up (and just days before their big shareholder meeting), I received an automated telephone message saying that my order was delayed until June 1st (today). When I called customer care they informed me that the customer service agent I talked to before had no clue what he was talking about and must have looked up a different product. Then I got this whole thing about how Apple had obligations to their direct customers and would be fulfilling the orders for NFM soon.

I checked their website a few times during this time and they continued to take orders for ipads during this time with an expected pick up for June 1. I called their customer service several times during this time period making sure that all of the info was correct, my last direct contact with customer care being on May 28th. At that time I was informed that everything looked great and there seemed to be no new delays. On May 30th I called the automated customer care system "Your order will be ready for pick up on July 2, 2011". Today I received that dreaded automated phone call again "This is an important message from Nebraska Furniture Mart... your order has been July 2".

This time to get their excuses in writing I emailed them and got this response:
"[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your email. I am sorry that the delays in the Ipad have caused disappointment for your friend. And it is very much a problem for NFM to have so many disappointed customers due to the delays from Apple. We are unhappy and frustrated as well by these delays however we do not have control over the delays that Apple keeps having with their shipments to us. I am sorry that I am unable to provide further assistance to you. Unfortunately there is the possibility of further delay, we are certainly hoping this does not happen because we understand how disappointing that would be. However we can not guarantee the arrival date due to the shipping process being out of our control. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns."
[/FONT]My email to Apple directly to see if they would respond to what Nebraska Furniture Mart says is their fault has gone unanswered so far.

A special surprise my dad had for my mom on her birthday has now turned into a fiasco. Even if we cancel the order with NFM we aren't sure if she'll have an ipad in her hands before her new school year has started. The May 1st date was perfect a few weeks to get it set up for her, 2 1/2 months for her to learn the system and figure out how she could use it with the kids. Even the June 1st date was fine, my dad and I setting it up would cut into her practice time but still she would have time with it. Now we're given a July date that we can't even trust and I don't know what to do.

Info about others wait times would be a start. The Apple website is saying 1-2 weeks. I'm not sure if this is accurate.

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would just get it from apple they will get it to you on time or sooner I got my iPad from them it was shipped. 5 days sooner Took 3 day from china to me in pa just outside phily

from USA bucks county pa Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

cypress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From what I am hearing 1-2 weeks. My friend got hers in just under 2 weeks.

Larry118

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered the same version on May 10th from the Apple store and got it in 16 days.

Hup55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine took just under 3 weeks, and arrived 2 days earlier than Apple had quoted me. Im in Toronto Canada. Order it on line from Apple is your best bet.

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ordered on April 14 from PowerMax.com (excellent vendor, by the way, with great customer service).

They received a batch of white ones and shipped one out to me on May 18, and a batch of black ones and shipped one of those to me on May 25. Add a week for free ground shipping from Oregon to Texas.

I was in no rush. :)

Last edited:

RWKC625

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered a ipad2 32g 3G Verizon model on 18th of may received it yesterday a day earlier than promised.

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I finally tracked mine down, it was a case of nearly 24 hours on a lot of bookmarked sites, and a lot of inside information from a friend who knew what was being delivered, to where and when. I got the last 64 GB black of one particular shipment, and even that was confusing, as my bank queried the transaction half way through.

I thought I'd missed out, and finally went to bed, vowing to express my displeasure with my bank in the morning ( although they were only being security conscious ) imagine my surprise, when at 7 am the doorbell went. Dragging myself out of bed, and bleary eyed, I opened the door to a delivery driver who passed me a parcel, asked for my signature and left.

I still wasn't awake, but made a coffee, and opened the box. A brand new iPad 2! That woke me up really quickly :) enough of my good luck. It seems that most people who order from Apple have a generally good experience but from posts here it would seem that supply issues are still rife. No retail outlet should make promises they can't keep. I would be happier to know that the item was going to be 3 weeks and to be given a date, than to be told " it will be with you in 2 days" and get nothing.

On the whole I think I'd stick with Apple if I was ordering one now, but they are not the only ones with stock. Persistence pays off..........In the end
:),

Sent from my iPad using iPF

MR1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bestbuy and Target have/had on-line inventory status for individual stores.
I walked into my local Apple Store one morning at 8:00 (no stock available) and then the next. Second day I had my new iPad2. The stores are restocked nightly but can't tell what is available till morning. First come, first serve. Best of luck.

Oh, Apple was quoting 4-5 week delivery at the time.

Last edited:

Most reactions