What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you want a Treegloo case, be prepared to wait 3-4 weeks....

iPad_Jedi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WARNING: If you want a Treegloo case, be prepared to wait a long time

Just wanted to tell my wait experience so far with my order from the Treegloo website. According to their site, each order will take between 7-10 business days to ship out. This is unfortunately not true.

Treegloo Products - Customizable, Durable, Eco-friendly Cases | Made by Hand in the USA

"Ships in 7 - 10 Business Days."

I ordered my case on the 4th of this month, and they have yet to ship it out. I had to write many times to them before I managed to get a reply about the status of my order. So far, they have already delayed my order twice.

"Sincere apologies for the delay in shipment. We want to make sure you get the caliber of case that you are expecting and are running all cases through an additional quality control check. We are working through orders..."

I hope to do a review of the case when I get it, but until than, it seems to be a long wait for one. I really hope it is worth the wait. If I get it by the end of this coming week, it would have been almost a month since ordering a case from them. This was about the same time it took for my order of my iPad2 to get to me when I placed the order from the Apple website!

I still think the Treegloo cases are really nice, but if anybody hopes/expects for their orders to ship out within 7-10 business days, I think they would be in for a disappointment. My advise would be to order WAY in advance of when you think you may receive your iPad. If you need a case quick, the customizable Treegloo case should be skipped.

On the plus side, if their delay reasons are true, than at least we know they do take a lot of care into the production of their cases!

I am still really looking forward to receiving my Treegloo case...just did not expect the long wait times and the inaccurate estimated ship times as posted on their main site page.

Last edited:
OP
I

iPad_Jedi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is just an update about my experience with Treegloo. I AM EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED.:(

As a form of apology for my delay, Treegloo informed me that they would ship my case via FedEx 2nd day last week. I was initially impressed with this. When I wrote to them asking when my package would be shipped out on Monday(25th), I recieved an email from FedEx stating that Treegloo has created a label and would be expecting to ship it out on Monday and that the delivery date would be today(27th).

________________________________________________________________________________

This tracking update has been requested by:

Company Name:Treegloo ProductsName:Treegloo ProductsE-mail:'not provided by requestor'
________________________________________________________________________________

Treegloo Products of Treegloo Products sent 1 FedEx 2Day package(s).

This shipment is scheduled to be sent on 04/25/2011.

I made arrangments to work from home today so that I could recieve the shipment. When I checked the Fedex site just now, I found it strange that the package was still not picked up by FedEx from Treegloo. I immediately called FedEx and was informed that Treegloo has not even handed the case to them. Treegloo should not intentionally 'mis-inform' their customers if they plan to delay the shipment by creating a shipping label so as to 'falsely 'convince them that it was being shipped out. This is a very bad underhanded delay tactic. Shame on you Treegloo.

I am VERY DISAPPOINTED so far with how long it has taken to get this case from Treegloo(ordered on 4/4), and even more disappointed with my experience with their support so far.

I really hope that the extremely long wait for the case will be worth it. I will be posting detailed pictures of the case quality once I receive it.

I have written to them yet again....and am seeing how they respond.

Last edited:
OP
I

iPad_Jedi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finally, after long last, my Treegloo case arrived today. It was nicely packaged and i could see that great care has gone into making it. See pictures below.

I had ordered it with the Super Expresso color cover, natural frame finish with Brown Suede Accent. Inside, I had chosen the option for the camera hole on the back and for the Paris Map lining. The cover also has hidden magnets inside to work as a smart cover (Turns on and off the Ipad2 when you open/close the cover).

This is how it looked when it arrived. The both sides of the cover, front and Back, had a padded feel to it.

(Front)

FrontPic1.jpg

(Back)

BackPic1.jpg

When I opened the case to look inside, the inner lining that I chose was nicely framed along the edges and the inner brown accent matched well with the expresso cover color. I chose a suede accent as I was informed that this would hold the iPad better all along the edges of the ipad compared to the bare frames that only held the ipad at the 4 corners.

InnerAccent.jpg

Full_Open.jpg

The side profile looks quite slim for its type of case.

Side_profile.jpg

This case fits the iPad2 very snugly, and would not pop out of the case even when shaken. What I liked about it was that the entire gleaming white face of the iPad2 was not blocked at all with straps or holding frames. It showcases the entire iPad2 face unobstructed. Since the entire ipad is enclosed within the solid frame, it is also extremely well protected against knocks and drops compared to other types of soft cases that only wrap around the iPad. It's also very rare to see an iPad in this kind of case in public since most individuals would buy their cases 'off-the-shelf', but these kinds of cases are literally customized hand-made which need time to be created. I think the extremely long waits right now are proof these kinds of cases popularity.

Unfortunately, after such a long wait (almost a month), I had already purchased another case, and am thinking of selling this case....still thinking very hard. Not an easy choice. I did not expect such a long wait but at the same time, do not find the need for 2 cases. Afterall, this is a very unique kind of case. It is 'brand new' - just arrived on my door step today. If anyone is interested, and do not want to wait about a month to receive your order, just PM me. Maybe by than, I would have come to a decision.:)

Last edited:

jodiver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm pretty much in the same boat. I too ordered on the 4th and they are "investigating the delay". I picked up a $20 case at best buy in the mean time. Sure hole its worth the wait

Sent via Tapatalk

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had ordered it with the Super Expresso color cover, natural frame finish with Brown Suede Accent. Inside, I had chosen the option for the camera hole on the back and for the Paris Map lining. The cover also has hidden magnets inside to work as a smart cover (Turns on and off the Ipad2 when you open/close the cover).

How interesting: I have a Treegloo for 1st generation iPad, with the exact same configuration - Super Espresso with Brown Suede over natural frame and Old Paris liner - and I also reviewed it a few months earlier -- http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-acce...o-customisable-moleskine-style-ipad-case.html

I also created (with the help of the nice Treegloo people) a wallpaper to seamlessly match the inner liner:

Hero-003.jpg

Jwin97

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still waiting for mine. I ordered 4/11. They also misinformed me and told me that mine would be shipping last Friday. Not a peep since. Like you, I had to buy something to hold me over. Picked up a smart case for the screen and a cheap case from eBay for the back.

StevenRiley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After much research I decided to order a cover for my IPad 2. I choose to go with Treegloo Products. They stated it was 2-4 weeks on their website. I placed my order and paid on May 4th. My confirmation email on my order from Treegloo Products thanked me for my order and also stated that my order would ship within 2-4 weeks. So 2 weeks from that date would be May 18th. I am not one of those people that start calling and bothering a company at the 2 week point. The 4 week point would be June 1st. I emailed Treegloo products than and ask for an update on my order. They emailed me back and stated that my cover would ship between June 7-8th. Will the evening of the 8th had come and I had not heard back so once again I emailed them. They emailed me back and apologized and said they would expedite my shipping when my order was shipping. They stated that my order would ship between June 16-18th. This is now 6 ½ weeks from my order that was suppose to ship in 2-4 weeks. Will it is now June 20th and I still do not have a product or shipping information. I emailed Treegloo and asked for a full refund due to their lack of ability to supply my order in a timely manner, based on their delivery dates. I was ok waiting their initial 2-4 weeks but I am not willing to wait any longer. The responded with “Your book and frame is complete and is pending final assembly. Your case will be shipping out as expected.†I do not know what they mean by expected. I expected this by June 1st. They still have not supplied me with any shipping information. I would not recommend this company to anyone. I would highly recommend ordering from someone anyone else.

Jwin97

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It means be prepared to wait longer. They tell you that so you stop bugging them. I was told something similar 3 times before they actually shipped it. It's a nice case and all but I don't like how they mislead their customers.

Oh and my iPad is loose now and not as snug in the case as when I first got it. It's been about 2 months.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with all the above: there is no reason for a company to mislead customers about shipping and waiting times. If it is going to take too long for them to get around to fulfilling the order (remember, these cases are all handmade-to-order), then they should offer the customer a refund or ask them to be more patient.

That's exactly the challenge faced by small design studios. If they can only make so many cases in one day, then that's that many they can make. A sudden spike in orders because of a press article or a good review, ironically, can create a problem because they can't keep up with demand, which results in a backlog. Other factors like material supply problems or craftsmen taking sick days will only compound the issue.

jodiver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've finally thrown in the towel. After waiting over 13 weeks and having been old MANY different stories I've given up. Two weeks ago they told me they forgot to add the kinetic latch and they would ship the case "tomorrow". Today I wrote again and asked about a refund. They said no problem and I had my refund within 5 minutes. That's the only thing they have done fast. I hate being lied to. If they had just told me "sorry, we really screwed up" and given me a REAL date I would have been fine. If a company cannot supply the product in a timely manner they have no business making promises they can't keep.

Most reactions

Latest posts