What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mis sold ipad 2

MrNoisy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Before I ordered my iPad 2 in January I called apple and spoke to a sales person who assured me that the iPad 3 was not being released for sale in march .....on this info I ordered my iPad 2.

Now it is march and the new iPad 3 is released .....have I been mid sold my iPad 2 ?

I just spoke to apple and they refuse point blank to exchange my product and they informed me that NO apple employee knows when any new products will be released.

If I had known that the iPad 3 was coming out in march I would have not ordered the iPad 2

Apples customer care is shocking

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple is secretive and wouldn't allow employees to confirm any release, even had they known, but sounds like you'd heard the rampant speculation that there would be a new iPad in March, so you checked in January and took the plunge anyway. At this point, you can just enjoy your iPad 2 or maybe sell and upgrade.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To answer your question, no, you were not miss-sold. Apple employees are not given advance information about new products......so when you asked they wouldn't have known that a new iPad was coming out however, if you had done a google search you would have found a gazillion "rumours" that the new iPad would be out in March.

It's your choice when and what to buy, not Apples.

The Archangel

OP
MrNoisy

MrNoisy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
To answer your question, no, you were not miss-sold. Apple employees are not given advance information about new products......so when you asked they wouldn't have known that a new iPad was coming out however, if you had done a google search you would have found a gazillion "rumours" that the new iPad would be out in March.

It's your choice when and what to buy, not Apples.

The Archangel

Far comment ..... I do love the iPad 2 ...it's a great product

Most reactions