What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are some Mini surprise benefits?

webjoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I got my Mini, I was just expecting a "smaller" iPad that might make it easier to tote around. But I've discovered some interesting uses that I didn't anticipate. For example, because of it's size, I can bring it with me to restaurants in my coat. It makes looking up reviews and tips much easier then on my phone. Also, the Mini made it much more enjoyable to read books from I have found then the original iPad. I don't because it's more likely with me or that the smaller size makes it feel more like a paperback size for the width/size of each page. I'm curious, what did you guys find interesting?

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I love the size. I was planning on an iPad 3 when I went shopping but bought the mini instead because of its reduced weight and size - both make for a very good ebook experience.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The mini is my constant companion now. I took the wifi model back and got the 4g LTE version instead. It is light and nice.

lisa22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
The mini is my constant companion now. I took the wifi model back and got the 4g LTE version instead. It is light and nice.

Wish I could afford the data. It's almost a waste paying for it on my phone now, I'd rather have it on my ipad.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not a telephone. Thank goodness, you would look pretty silly holding it like one and talking into it. Almost as silly as one looks using a full sized iPad as a camera.

scudder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finding using both thumbs to type is easy, great UI for a smaller device. Yes I know there is a split keyboard option on a full sized iPad but I hated it. The screen is not much smaller too. Resolution is pretty good and to be honest compared to a retina for most purposes it is great.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The mini is better for playing games. Also better for typing.

quadtronix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the iPad 2 recently, only because I already have a few 7" tablets... I much prefer the smaller form factor for most uses though. I don't regret getting the 2 but I played with a couple minis recently in the store and I have to admit... I think an iPad mini is probably in my near future. They say this and that about the screen and price but I found the screen to be more than adaquite (even impressive actually) and the price seems manageable enough... I will be strongly considering the mini but keeping my iPad 2 for games and some browsing when I want the larger screen.

Most reactions