What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Decided to return my Mini 64

L

Lunar

Well after much debate between Jekyll and Hyde the common sense part of my brain managed to win, and decided to return my iPad Mini for a refund today.

We already have 2 iPads, and although I admire the mini and like it's lightness, it's smaller size also means web pages are nowhere near as clear as my iPad3, IOW you can't have it both ways...as smaller screens obviously means smaller text etc.

I think it's a great device for people who travel a lot, but for someone retired and almost 70yrs of age means our iPads are used mainly in the home, and as much as I like my gadgets I can't justify having both iPads. It's just a little too small for me as on some web sites I feel I need to zoom in a little to view it clearly, and I start to miss the superb clarity of the larger iPads screen. So for me personally its worth sacrificing the superb lightness and compact size of the mini to be able to view web pages all day if I wish, and not get eyestrain. Plus I can obviously only use 1 at a time, so one of them will likely end up gathering dust.

I've put the fire out in my pocket as they say...lol. I've tried one for a couple days... so now I won't be forever yearning to get one...lol until next time that is..

Last edited by a moderator:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey, you gave it a fair shot....and found it was not for you. That's the way to do it! Best!

Talk2USoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lunar said:
Well after much debate between Jekyll and Hyde the common sense part of my brain managed to win, and decided to return my iPad Mini for a refund today.

We already have 2 iPads, and although I admire the mini and like it's lightness, it's smaller size also means web pages are nowhere near as clear as my iPad3, IOW you can't have it both ways...as smaller screens obviously means smaller text etc.

I think it's a great device for people who travel a lot, but for someone retired and almost 70yrs of age means our iPads are used mainly in the home, and as much as I like my gadgets I can't justify having both iPads. It's just a little too small for me as on some web sites I feel I need to zoom in a little to view it clearly, and I start to miss the superb clarity of the larger iPads screen. So for me personally its worth sacrificing the superb lightness and compact size of the mini to be able to view web pages all day if I wish, and not get eyestrain. Plus I can obviously only use 1 at a time, so one of them will likely end up gathering dust.

I've put the fire out in my pocket as they say...lol. I've tried one for a couple days... so now I won't be forever yearning to get one...lol until next time that is..

Boy, I hope I come up with your resolve ::::::::::::teetering on the fence::::::::::

tawcat

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lunar - After reading your post, I decided to cancel my order. Placed order on Nov 2nd, am told it'll be at least another week, possibly two, before it ships. I think your decision to return yours swayed me! Thanks.

gmaines

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 4 and a mini..... Love the mini for when I travel. They both have their good points.

MrDoug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 4 and a mini..... Love the mini for when I travel. They both have their good points.
I have both as well.. iPad 4 and Mini.. I had Mini and returned it, missed it and went back and bought it again.. I use both and Love them both.. they each serve their own purpose..
Doug

throwback8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased a mini on launch morning yet I'm currently typing this on an iPad 4. For my needs sacrificing the retina display just wasn't going to happen after I got to see and feel it up close for a few days and nights. The shape and feel of the mini is brilliant but the screen quality really doesn't do it for you after you've used a retina device. I own an iPhone 5 and had bought an iPad 3 for my girlfriend, so I knew what I was missing when I was using the mini. I am completely happy with my iPad 4 purchase and it meets my needs to the tee. That said, the mini is a nice little device that will be loved by many, and be perfected when apple releases the mini with A6 processor and retina
Display!

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wife and I each have iPad3 64 GB/WIFI/LTEs and love them. I have a 32 GB iPad mini wifi only and really love it as a reader. Much easier to hold, fine to view, pocketable in a coat pocket for trips to waiting rooms. A perfect addition to the fleet.

MrDoug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wife and I each have iPad3 64 GB/WIFI/LTEs and love them. I have a 32 GB iPad mini wifi only and really love it as a reader. Much easier to hold, fine to view, pocketable in a coat pocket for trips to waiting rooms. A perfect addition to the fleet.
I feel perzactly the same!
Doug

marcandsebe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I browse on an iPad 2 and iPhone 4S, so think moving between the 2 will be fine. I have played around with many in the Apple store on a number of occasions, so have had plenty of time to think about buying one.

azim1980

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol@the users bragging that they have this and that! Lucky bits, I just have the Ipad 2 and iPhone 5. I'm content for now!

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lol@the users bragging that they have this and that! Lucky bits, I just have the Ipad 2 and iPhone 5. I'm content for now!

And no reason why you should not be content. You have some very nice pieces of Apple electronics and you are obviously enjoying them.
Good for you!
Regards, Andrew

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Who is bragging? Spending money is not a reason to brag. It's not a great accomplishment or anything to buy something.

marcandsebe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wasn't bragging. I was merely pointing out that I use an iPad 2 and iPhone 4S and that buying something in the middle (iPad mini) would be fine. In fact a lot of signatures state what people have and I see no harm in it. If I wanted to brag, I might say I had the latest kit. An iPad 4 and iPhone 5 which I don't.

StillYas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah it really depends on your needs. Mini tabs are not for everyone.

Most reactions

Latest posts