What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Mini - I like it

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Having forsaken my iPad 1 for a Galaxy Tab 7.7", I have returned to the fold by buying an iPad Mini.

I just so much prefer the smaller size and also appreciate Airplay Video Mirroring. The iPad definitively provides a more unified user experience than Android which can be a little rough around the edges.

The Galaxy isn't destined for the bin however because I find it better than the iPad for photographic work. I can plug in extra memory, copy files from an SD card and use a file manager to organise jpg and raw files the way that I want to. Oh, and the WiFi only version has GPS.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Samsung phone and tablet because they use SD cards, and my phone has a bigger screen than any iPhone. I like iDevices, but I'll buy other stuff as long as Apple doesn't offer features I really want. There are some features I really like about my Kindle Fire HD 7"s, too.

It's great to have choices. I wanted a tablet for years before iPad and always held off, because there was limited choice and they all seemed less than user friendly or worth the trouble to me. Now, it's a question of what to resist buying, because there various appealing devices out there, which is great.

I always root for more competition.

OP
R

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am really comfortable using both iPad and Android tablets, they each have their strengths and weaknesses. I leave the iPad at home for my wife and take the Galaxy to work and on photographic trips.

I was using the Galaxy S II phone and was very happy with it. My company issued iPhone 4Ss with corporate email and VPN, so the S II s now relegated to the draw, through no fault of its own.

OP
R

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A few more comments:-

One area that all iPads seems to win over Android (Galaxy Tab at least) is battery life. They both claim 10 hours and I don't think either of them achieve that in the real word. I find that I recharge the Galaxy every 3 or 4 days whereas with iPads it tends to be 5 to 7 days.

Regarding full size iPads versus Mini. I always found the on-screen keyboard on the iPad 1 too large. It's about right on the Mini. Also I am sure that the screen/keyboard has a softer feel (to the finger tip) than the Pad 1.

anilnc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my iPad mini and HTC desire x both my first device in each OS. I know desire x isn't much enough with its specs compared to galaxy3. Desire x has dual core 1 ghz, 768mb ram, 4inch display, android jelly bean4.1.1 with sense 4+ (updated) with 2gb usable internal memory n sd card. Camera 5 mp and 1650mah battery.

iPad mini has only 512mb ram but same processor as desire x (1ghz dual core). But it has larger battery.

In similar grounds when I compared both, I prefer iPad mini for its OS. Android needs more ram for a better performance with no doubt. I also preferred the security with iOS apps, no way to get pirated apps. But in android it's easily possible. You even get intrusive ads on notification bar with some genuine free android apps. iPad mini was way more stable and powerful even with such low ram compared to desire x 768ram.

There are many points I am happy with iOS compared to android, but it might also be with my desire x alone, however I similar critics on android from other users.

Most reactions

Latest posts