What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doctors Find the iPad Mini So Handy

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

I love this sort of story! AppleInsider reports that according to a new survey from app maker Epocrates, one in three of the 48 physicians surveyed said that they are planning to get an iPad mini because of its size. Epocrates says that this is because the iPad mini passes the “lab coat test,†meaning that it will fit neatly into a lab coat pocket. Furthermore, 90% of the physicians contacted by Epocrates said that they think that the iPad mini’s smaller size will make it easier to carry on their hospital rounds, or take with them when visiting exam rooms.

"Compared to the general populace, physicians are early and high adopters of Apple products," Epocrates told AppleInsider. "A large majority of physicians own an iPhone, and the current iPad dominates the healthcare tablet market."

As AppleInsider notes, members of the medical profession were among the earliest adopters of the first-generation iPad, with Stanford’s School of Medicine giving iPads to its students shortly after it was first released in 2010.

Physicians excited about lab coat pocket-ability of Apple's iPad mini

Last edited by a moderator:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is a great story. When I was in Kings College Hospital last year the Consultant I saw was using an iPhone but when he saw my iPad he was blown away with the possibilities (I think he forgot that I was there for him to consult with me) and spent a considerable time comparing the two devices.

The Archangel

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This use makes a lot OS sense. I think the 4:3 screen makes an important difference here, too

Most reactions

Latest posts