What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Were you on the Original iPad pre-order list?

JMK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see a few names I remember from waaaaay back then.

We had a lot of fun waiting on shipping, guessing when...
Planning for our Ipads... looking at apps... accessories... anticipating. :D
I still have my Original 3G/64GB. :)

I only had to wait about 6 weeks but some were on the pre-order list for 4 months IIRC.

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was on the list--so much fun waiting for the delivery.

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was! UPS tried to deliver it to the wrong address so I spent half the day chasing him around. Ended up having to wait an extra day to get it.

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I remember it was on a Saturday and many were afraid UPS would not deliver until Monday since they have not weekend delivery in many areas (I was one that was worried). But it arrived on schedule and I even won a skin on this forum for being the first to post a picture from the Eastern US.

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yep it was a nerve wracking Saturday morning, did not get it until 2 PM. Was overjoyed and still happy with my original.

Still has great battery life, remember all the crying about how often we would have to replace the battery.

OP
JMK

JMK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I remember it was on a Saturday and many were afraid UPS would not deliver until Monday since they have not weekend delivery in many areas (I was one that was worried). But it arrived on schedule and I even won a skin on this forum for being the first to post a picture from the Eastern US.

I got mine FEDEX. I remember shae said "What are all these things, anyway"?
I guess she had a lot of identical packages on that day!

OP
JMK

JMK

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't preorder, but I walked into a store on 3G iPad 1 launch day and got one. Right place, right time. I was in and out in about 10 mins before the store closed, and I even got the model I wanted. If I hadn't lucked into one, I probably would've waited for the crowds to ease.

Most reactions

Latest posts