What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I didn't pre-order an iPad, how early should I wait in line?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe they'll start a standby list for any reservations not claimed by 3:00 PM.

I'd be ticked if I preordered one and I wasn't able to go pick it up 'till Sunday and they gave it away. Do preorders HAVE TO be picked up on launch day or do they at least give you something like 48 hours or something?

Pre-orders meaning you already paid are shipped to your door on 4/3, reserves however have to be picked up by 3pm or they get sold on a first come first serve basis.

Isaac Newton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm guessing we'll find that the stores won't sell any before 3:00PM that were not reserved in advance. Or if they have any at all to sell before then, there will be very few.

Correcto-mundo! I was told in no uncertain terms...after 3pm on launch day, all unclaimed iPads are up for grabs. I was even told that should a "pre-order" customer find themselves in line or held up outside the store very close to 3pm...to make their identity/presence known to the line "walkers" (apple employees) prior till 3pm.

Also told to bring "proof" of reserved iPad paperwork to expedite any confusion when the 3pm line frenzy begins.

Happy hunting to us all (grin)

Most reactions

Latest posts