What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well.. My screen got cracked today

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you can afford a housekeeper than the cost of an iPad is mere pocket change so why all of the drama?

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the accident... but just as a matter of interest, did the screen still work after it was cracked, or did it go completely blank?

Bigt1238

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Look, i don't know where you live, but here in Indiana, when you buy an apple product, if something happens to it, regardless of whose fault, even if i dropped it from a 10 story building, if i take it (or the remains) to the only apple store here in indiana, we get exactly 1 freebe, in other words they take it and give you a new one free of charge, but that new one is it... only 1 freebe...

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, that would be horrific for me too, I keep mine in it's apple cover all the time and the only time I take it out is to give it a good clean but only on my nice soft bed where there is no risk of dropping it.

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a thread from last year.

But definitely a horror story!:)

I've noticed this a few times recently - i.e. people giving a response to a thread whose last post was sometimes a year ago. I don't use iPF; does that show the date of the post that you're responding to?

Tim

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is a thread from last year.

But definitely a horror story!:)

I've noticed this a few times recently - i.e. people giving a response to a thread whose last post was sometimes a year ago. I don't use iPF; does that show the date of the post that you're responding to?

Tim

Yip, it sure does but it isn't always that obvious - it's less conspicuous than the web version.

DQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IGonz said:
Indeed.
When I got mine I took it out of the box, peeled off the plastic, slid it into the apple case and never removed it.

When I got mine, I opened the box peeled off the plastic coat wrap and applied a screen cover and put it in a case before it was ever plugged in. Mine never are taken out and travel in an extra padding reinforced waterproof carrying case. And no one touches my iPad unless I say okay.

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Boroboy said:
When I bought the iPad I also purchased the black cover for it, and always felt like the cover took away from the whole iPad experience sooo.. Yeah, I took it places without the cover on. Well today I had it sitting on the dining room table playing music when our house keeper walks in.. Thinks it's cool.. Picks it up then drops it right on the tile.

Dent in the aluminum and one single crack down the middle of the screen. Tears later, I call Apple to see what can be done, and for the low low price of $299 plus tax they can replace the screen, and that doesn't include the dented aluminum.. Why do they charge $300 plus when online I can find people that replace it, screen included, for $129.

I can still use it, but I'm absolutely heartbroken, and why does Apple feel the need to completely rip you off on a screen replacement?

This could easily qualify as the worst day of the year for me. My parents told me it was my fault for taking it out of the case, but I haven't so much as even got a scuff on it when using it outside of the case. Blah :(

Your housekeeper needs to pay for all the tea IRS on all the damages.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 32 GB

Private723

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder how you guys got your free new iPad cuz what the Apple store jerk told me was that I needed to pay 250$ + taxes to get a replacement. I got my iPad 3 weeks ago and it's cracked and I know I never dropped it. I'm sure here was a build problem wit mine. Also the apple store employee's attitude was very unpleasant.
I even heard another employee tell a customer that he had hearing problem.

I'm very disappointed with Apple. I'm now canceling my MobileMe account as well and I'll never buy another apple product ever again.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Private723 said:
I wonder how you guys got your free new iPad cuz what the Apple store jerk told me was that I needed to pay 250$ + taxes to get a replacement. I got my iPad 3 weeks ago and it's cracked and I know I never dropped it. I'm sure here was a build problem wit mine. Also the apple store employee's attitude was very unpleasant.
I even heard another employee tell a customer that he had hearing problem.

I'm very disappointed with Apple. I'm now canceling my MobileMe account as well and I'll never buy another apple product ever again.

Have you tried speaking to another member of staff or the store manager? Or even another store? Provided that the alternate store is fairly local of course.

As I find that in general, the apple staff are really friendly

icouldsave.co.uk - help save money and the planet!

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looked at iFixit and there are no guides for that :(.

Sent from my interestingcompanionPad using iPF!

Most reactions

Latest posts