What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dropped iPad2 ( No Screen Crack BUT 1/3rd of screen bleeding)

vvs281

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Last night my ipad feel off of my couch onto the floor(maybe 2ft), it was still in it's case. I thought it was just a small drop and everything might be fine but to my horror, the LCD screen was bleeding terribly, and almost half the screen was blanked out. The LCD glass is still like new ( no cracks or dents), on the back of the ipad there are two small silver dents/scratches, donno how just 2-3 ft drop can cause this much of a dent.

The other half seems to work fine, but only for a few mins, then even that half becomes too bright and it is almost impossible to read anything off of the screen.

I have read on the forum that there is a one time free replacement ( which is unofficial), Do you think they will offer me a free replacement? I am going to try my luck tonight.

Besides from being honest and polite, is there anything that I can do to get this done.

Thanks for your reply. Wish me luck plz. :rolleyes:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - be honest but quietly persistent and you might need to try a couple of Apple Stores or ask for the Manager..don't worry, you'll get it replaced...let us know how you get on and (of course) you could say you're a Member of iPF and are ....

Tim

OP
V

vvs281

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Tim, I will definitely let them know either way that I'm an ipadForum member and would post my experience online. I'll be sure to keep everyone updated on my situation.

OP
V

vvs281

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another happy camper here...got a genius bar appointment, was there 10mins early. When Genius introduced himself and asked the reason for my visit, I just explained what had happened. He first asked me if I had applecare, I said I didn't. He then said, he'd be back and took the serial # of my iPad. He came back after 10mins with a brand new iPad. Made me sign couple of papers, and gave me a copy. The whole thing was finished in like 20mins.
Apple is awesome. IPADFORUMS is EVEN MORE AWESOME++++
Thanks to Tim for his encouragement and advice on how to approach them.

ONe more thing, he advised me to get applecare, and also the otterbox case for ipad.
Does applecare cover damage due to accidents?

Thanks

kitkat3709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm so glad you got it replaced. I am having Square Trade insure my IPad2, which covers accidents and even water damage. Hopefully I'll never have to test that insurance.

Sent from my iPad2 32 3G Black :)

OP
V

vvs281

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kitkat3709 said:
I'm so glad you got it replaced. I am having Square Trade insure my IPad2, which covers accidents and even water damage. Hopefully I'll never have to test that insurance.

Thanks.

I actually contacted square trade and asked if I can get a warranty for the replacement ipad2. They want some paperwork...well see how it goes.

I actually ordered a 'Gumdrop Drop series ipad2 case' from Costco. Worth the $$$ I think. I'll also try to get the ST warranty.

kitkat3709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think they need your receipt. Did you get paperwork on the replacement? I took a picture of my receipt and emailed it to them for their request. I believe it's the serial number they are interested in. They seem good to work with.

Tachyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the opposite problem. My iPad 2 came with some minor screen bleeding in multiple areas. I dropped it a few months ago and it hit on the corner. All bleeding was gone and never returned.

Most reactions