What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to all Aussies - please read!

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This sub-forum is designed specifically for iPad issues - so no 'Off Topic' chit-chat - and for topics that are specific to Australia and therefore would be of no interest to other Members - for example, issues surrounding Australian data carriers specific Australian regulatory issues, Australian Apple Stores, repairs in Australia for iPads, Australian-only apps etc.

General iPad material - still post that in the regular section. Chit-chat and other similar material in the 'Off Topic' section.

The idea was to avoid cluttering up the main section of iPad Forum with regional specific material that may be of no interest to anyone not living in Australia.

Of course, it also is a great place for people who are planning to visit Australia to come and seek Australian advice and perhaps to more easily locate answers to their region-specific questions.

The other regional forums will have the same format and posters will be able to post in their native language and not be forced to speak English - which may put a lot of posters off from contributing.

Moderating the non-English Forums will be done by volunteers, who Colin has been seeking, as you will have seen, but anyone who speaks that particular language is, of course, encouraged to report any posts that they feel contravene the Forum rules - which have been translated into the appropriate language and posted in the sub Forum.

But, to recap, this sub Forum is for Australian-specific, iPad-related material.

56crackerjack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a iPad (not a ipad2) and wish to use a word processor that is compatible with my iPad and if I create a doc. It can be recognized by my laptop running windows 7 which I currently use MS Word. Is such a thing possible? What program would you suggest so that I don't lose the appearance and format when doing what the above mentioned states. How much should I be paying and is there a freeware program that allows me to do this. Also, what does Apple recommend for what I want to achieve? Thank you, looking for enlightenment.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of our members carried out a survey of Office apps for his company; you can see his conclusions in this thread...

http://www.ipadforums.net/new-member-introductions-site-assistance/22431-hi-all.html

The Apple iWorks Office suite for the iPad has a set of useful Help pages that show their capabilities here...

Pages is Word compatible and can read .doc and .docx files and save in .doc and .pdf

Keynote is PowerPoint compatible and can read .ppt and .pptx files and save in .ppt and .pdf

Numbers is Excel compatible and can read .xls and .xlsx files and save in .xls and .pdf

http://help.apple.com/iwork/1.3/mobile/interface/index.html#tan724868a9

Tim

56crackerjack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
One of our members carried out a survey of Office apps for his company; you can see his conclusions in this thread...

http://www.ipadforums.net/new-member-introductions-site-assistance/22431-hi-all.html

The Apple iWorks Office suite for the iPad has a set of useful Help pages that show their capabilities here...

Pages is Word compatible and can read .doc and .docx files and save in .doc and .pdf

Keynote is PowerPoint compatible and can read .ppt and .pptx files and save in .ppt and .pdf

Numbers is Excel compatible and can read .xls and .xlsx files and save in .xls and .pdf

http://help.apple.com/iwork/1.3/mobile/interface/index.html#tan724868a9

Tim

Thanks Tim
very quick reply, I'm impressed.
I have read the thread and it seems Pages should be good enough for my purposes. Another idea I learnt in reading the link is to use email and attach the doc. As an attachment which will save me having to sync my iPad to my non-apple laptop which is at my office (I rarely sync my iPad). Thanks for your assistance.
John

Most reactions

Latest posts