What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrading from 4.3 to 4.3.3

biometrix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I have an ipad2 that says it's at 4.3(8F191). Tried to update it to 4.3.3 so I can use the JB that came out. Tried to update it a couple of times and it says fail? What's up with that? So I went ahead and did the JB and for now it seems to work fine. My issue is that my iPad seems to like to stay at 4.3. Btw, my pc crashed and my iTunes with it. So I had to reinstall everything. Now when I sync... It says update available (iTunes is up to date) for the pad and it takes firever to update only to get an error msg at the end saying can't update or something... Help pls.... Thanks

OP
B

biometrix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Btw, I was reading some of the post on this forum and people who have same problems sync'ing were advice to do a reset. Is this like reset the pad to factory or just turn off and on again using power button? I tried the latter (restarting) and I get the same 4.3 result ....

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, the second question I can answer.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

And one suggestion. If you are not doing so, choose the download only option when updating the iPad. Things work more smoothly if the update is completely downloaded before starting the actual upgrade.

OP
B

biometrix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ya ok.. Good advice.. Will dl the upgrade first and install it to the pad after its dl'ed

Most reactions

Latest posts