What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restore ipad

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone done this yet? Tried to update to 4.3 and got an error and wiped out my own ipad!!!!! I've uninstalled itunes then reinstalled, trying to restore now, so I connect then its.detected im in recovery mode, so I click restore and at the top it goes through extracting software, and more than half way through the ipad screen flashes the apple symbol, then back to usb to itunes symbol. on the left hand side under devices, the ipad disappears.....so when it finishes I get a pop up saying ipad could not be restored, devise could not be.found!!!!!!! Im lost and bought to throw this thing out the window

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'd call Apple Support at this point. That's what you paid them for.

Wish I could be of more help, but I'm not sure I could figure out what to do if I was there, let alone second hand.

OP
accordlayingkit

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
I'd call Apple Support at this point. That's what you paid them for.

Wish I could be of more help, but I'm not sure I could figure out what to do if I was there, let alone second hand.

Yea i'll have to call tomarrow.....was trying to talk to someone online in support ....i'll try tomarrow, online store support is a 75 mins wait! Lol

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ouch.

Still, I suppose it was inevitable. No matter how stable an upgrade there are always enough failures to keep any help support system busy. Been on both sides of the equation, and trust me, no-one has a happy day.

SueSchus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So nice to know I'm not the only one with this problem. I have a 'reservation' at the local Apple store later today. We'll have to compare store vs phone later.

Most reactions