What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

upgrading from 4.3 to 4.3.3

Phatfred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So this no go on upgrading from 4.3.2 to 4.3.3 as to allow the JB, does it apply to 3G and wifi only Ipad 2's?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Correct. It doesn't matter if the iPad2 is WiFi only or is 3G - you must have iOS 4.3.3 installed to run the JailbreakMe 3.0 process. If you aren't on that version and if you've saved your SHSH blobs for iOS 4.3.3, then you can restore the iPad2 to that firmware and then jailbreak. Else, no go.

If you have an iPad1 and are on any version of 4.3. (except 4.3.4), or can revert/upgrade to any of those versions because you've saved the SHSH blobs for 4.3.3 - you can use JailbreakMe 3.0.

Hope that clears things up.

Marilyn

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, i would also like for your help.
I want to upgrade from jailbroken ipad 2 4.3 to 4.3.3 with maintaining all the jailbroken applications and my data. The problem is i do have to make the whole process on another itunes and not on the itunes that all the applications and data are stored.(i dont have my computer with me because i am on vacation)
Do you have a solution>?

you cant, only if you used TU to save shsh blobs for 4.3.3, even though you are on 4.3, you could have saved 4.3.3 when apple was still signing, which they are not signing anymore.....so stay jailbroken on 4.3 and be happy with that.

azntrinityxq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm on 4.3 iPad 2 3G n jailbreak it with jailbreakme then upgrade to 4.3.3. My wifi sometimes doesn't work now.

Last edited:

Phatfred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Mickey clearing it up. Was up till 530 trying everything. Keep thinking it would only work if I could get it to go into DFUone more time. Lol

tuffigirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It only took me 10 minutes on google and another 10 on iTunes to figure out I wouldn't be jailbreaking my iPad 2 yet (it's iOS 4.3).... sure has got to be tough answering the same questions over and over and over again. You're a very patient person Marilyn. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts