What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

undo jailbreak on ipad 5.1.1

bigslim.2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm fairly new to i pad and jailbroke it in haste. I would like to undo it if at all possible. Any ideas?

Project37

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hook up your iPad to your pc or Mac that is running iTunes. Right click on your iPad listed on iTunes and back it up & transfer all purchases. Once done click on restore to put your iPad back to non-jailbreak and it should also install the new iOS 6. Then you can restore from your backup so all your apps are back.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
B

bigslim.2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hook up your iPad to your pc or Mac that is running iTunes. Right click on your iPad listed on iTunes and back it up & transfer all purchases. Once done click on restore to put your iPad back to non-jailbreak and it should also install the new iOS 6. Then you can restore from your backup so all your apps are back.

Sent from my iPad using iPF
thanx project37. will do.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
bigslim.2 said:
I'm fairly new to i pad and jailbroke it in haste. I would like to undo it if at all possible. Any ideas?

If you're asking if you can remove the jailbreak and remain on iOS 5.1.1, the answer is no. After hooking it up to iTunes in your computer and doing a backup and transfer of purchases, the restore will erase the jailbreak and leave a stock iPad running iOS 6.

Last edited:

Vince168

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know no knowledge about iOS. I have an iPad 2 with 5.1.1 jailbreak. On the iPad 2 software update, it recommends iOS 9.2.1 download or install now. Can I install the latest OS without problem? If yes, what is the proper way to undo the jailbreak and install later OS? Thanks.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know no knowledge about iOS. I have an iPad 2 with 5.1.1 jailbreak. On the iPad 2 software update, it recommends iOS 9.2.1 download or install now. Can I install the latest OS without problem? If yes, what is the proper way to undo the jailbreak and install later OS? Thanks.
To remove the jailbreak you'll have to connect your iPad to iTunes on your computer and restore it. This will erase the iPad and install iOS 9.3.5. You can then set up the iPad from a recent backup. This backup can be created just before you start the restore. Jailbroken apps and other features are not included in the backup.

Do not try to update OTA as this will not work.

Vince168

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To remove the jailbreak you'll have to connect your iPad to iTunes on your computer and restore it. This will erase the iPad and install iOS 9.3.5. You can then set up the iPad from a recent backup. This backup can be created just before you start the restore. Jailbroken apps and other features are not included in the backup.

Do not try to update OTA as this will not work.

Thank you so much!

Most reactions

Latest posts