What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help!

r0rschach

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there!

i just bought my ipad 3 wifi+3g 5.1.1, couple of weeks now and i jailbroke in a haste, now i am not satisfied with the result because it seems it lags and not smooth especially when i scroll unto the spotlight search, so i want to undo or reverse the jailbreak. it is possible to restore it to its default factory settings as if it is newly buy? And lastly, if i will update it to 6.0 is it ok? thanx in advance. I really appreciate it.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there!

i just bought my ipad 3 wifi+3g 5.1.1, couple of weeks now and i jailbroke in a haste, now i am not satisfied with the result because it seems it lags and not smooth especially when i scroll unto the spotlight search, so i want to undo or reverse the jailbreak. it is possible to restore it to its default factory settings as if it is newly buy? And lastly, if i will update it to 6.0 is it ok? thanx in advance. I really appreciate it.

Yes, you can easily restore it to stock. To do, connect it to iTunes and create a backup. Then, press the Restore button (on the Summary page). iTunes will do its magic and, when prompted, you can elect to "restore from backup.". This will put that new backup you made onto the iPad. Then, when the process is done, you will have your iPad as you had it before, with all your apps and "stuff" on it. Of course, it will not be jail broken and have iOS 6 installed - but that's what you want. :)

Now, only you can decide if iOS 6 is okay for you. But, as it's the most current iOS, that is the one that will be installed on the iPad.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

OP
R

r0rschach

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, you can easily restore it to stock. To do, connect it to iTunes and create a backup. Then, press the Restore button (on the Summary page). iTunes will do its magic and, when prompted, you can elect to "restore from backup.". This will put that new backup you made onto the iPad. Then, when the process is done, you will have your iPad as you had it before, with all your apps and "stuff" on it. Of course, it will not be jail broken and have iOS 6 installed - but that's what you want. :)

Now, only you can decide if iOS 6 is okay for you. But, as it's the most current iOS, that is the one that will be installed on the iPad.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Hello once again! Good to be back here, i really had a great time reading and getting information from u guys. All of u were great!

Thank you so much for that info marilyn, now i have peace of mind whether i will restore it or stay with jailbroken one.
Have a great day guys!

OP
R

r0rschach

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello there guys!
i've got a problem here, my device is stucked on apple logo, i dnt know what to do with it so i decided to restore it, but the restore will update the ios to 6.0.1 i have no choice so i did it.
it was been restored to ios 6.0.1...i still want the jailbroken one but i dnt know how to do it with the ios 6.0.1,,is there any video tutorials on how to jailbreak the 6.0.1? or maybe i will downgrade it to 5.1.1 again but im confuse about the ipsw 5.1.1 gsm and ipsw 5.1.1 cdma....guys help me out this pls..what ipsw should i download for my ipad 3 wifi+4g is it the ipsw gsm or ipsw cdma?what are the difference.
thanks alot guys. appreciate it

OP
R

r0rschach

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Marilyn, appreciate it!

Have a great day! Later! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts