What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Undo jailbreak

vassili

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I was curious on the whole jail breaking stuff...visited jailbreak me and clicked on a Cydia link that installed a Cydia app on my iPad. I haven't clicked on it or 'installed' it yet.

Not sure if I want to go ahead with the jailbreak anyways, here's my question
1> by downloading the Cydia app, is my iPad jail broken already? If not, how do I delete the app from my iPad
2> if it's installed how do I undo this?

kaiseruk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you can see a cydia app icon then yes it is jailbroken. To reverse the process connect your device to your computer and simply choose the restore option under the device settings. Make sure you have let iTunes make a back up before you restore.

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is nothing to loose if you jailbreak, if you dont like it or thinks dont go well there restore the ipad with iTunes and you will be good to go.

Remember to backup the iPad before you jailbreak!

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad Noob... Posts: 2

You can't give the guy a little leeway?

To the noob, from another noob... I say leave it jailbroken and give some of the Cydia free apps a try. Chances are you'll find something that you really like. If so, you then you'll know that your accidental jailbreaking is proabably a serendipitous mistake. (please don't attack my spelling.)

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad Noob... Posts: 2

You can't give the guy a little leeway?

To the noob, from another noob... I say leave it jailbroken and give some of the Cydia free apps a try. Chances are you'll find something that you really like. If so, you then you'll know that your accidental jailbreaking is proabably a serendipitous mistake. (please don't attack my spelling.)

Like SBSettings. Or Blackkeyboard.

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Love SBSettings... Don't know about the other one. I'll have to give it a lookee. Thanks.

(Edit) Yes - I like black keyboard lots... Thanks

Last edited:

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Start a new thread if you want to discuss more stuff, don't hijack a thread, it's against the rules.

Please review the forum rules!

Most reactions

Latest posts