What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Undo Jailbreak iPad 4.2.1 without losing cydia & apple paid apps

jeflowerz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:ipad-front:

Hi

I need help! How do I undo Jailbreak from my iPad 4.2.1 redsnow without losing Apps downloaded from Cydia and downloaded from Apple Store?

I have no backup of my apps...

Shiznit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well first off all, you cant undo à jailbreak (restore in iTunes) with out
Losing your cydia Apps..its one way or the other...

After à restore u can have your paid iTunes Apps back tho...

mathen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well first off all, you cant undo à jailbreak (restore in iTunes) with out
Losing your cydia Apps..its one way or the other...

After à restore u can have your paid iTunes Apps back tho...
Ya, but itunes apps should be genuine;) I don't cydia apps will work on non jailbroken ipads:)

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What he is saying is that you won't lose your iTunes apps (as long as you got them from the App Store or through iTunes on your PC) when you restore, but you will lose all of your Cydia apps.

You might have to download your apps again, but you won't have to pay for them again.

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can't have Cydia without a jailbreak. As for you paid apps, connect the iPad to iTunes, right click the iPad section on the left side of the screen, and select transfer purchases. That should transfer all the apps you bought from apple onto iTunes, and when you restore the iPad, you can sync all the apps. But any kind of personal data on the apps will be lost (I.e. Saved games, notes, documents, pics, etc.)

OP
J

jeflowerz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everybody for your answers! :) I want to undo jailbreak because Its very annoying the fact of redsnow rebooting if you respring... But I don't wanna lose MyWi app that I downloaded from cydia. So if I restore, I can keep my apple store apps but I will lose MyWi, right?

OP
J

jeflowerz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well the socking truth, thanks. But What do you mean with greenpois0n update?

JohnBoyWonder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

Hi

I need help! How do I undo Jailbreak from my iPad 4.2.1 redsnow without losing Apps downloaded from Cydia and downloaded from Apple Store?

Without a JailBreak you don't have access to certain files, there's no way in hell you could pull this off.

OP
J

jeflowerz

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Hi

Without a JailBreak you don't have access to certain files, there's no way in hell you could pull this off.

Thanks now I understand. So, is there an application that lets me to share my 3g connection using wi-fi, without having jailbreak? That was the main reason because I've jailbroken my Ipad, for tethering wi-fi to my other lap-top...

Most reactions