What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To Jailbreak or not to Jailbreak that is the question

Jailbreak or not to Jailbreak

• Yes, Jailbreak

Votes: 24 42.9%
  • No, Jailbreak

Votes: 23 41.1%
  • Maybe later

Votes: 9 16.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No need, the iPad is fine just the way it is.

Tim
Agreed.

I rooted my Android phone (mainly bc mine is one of the crappiest Android phones there is), and while it did make it better in some ways, it also made it worse. I'm definitely not jailbreaking my iPad because as Tim said, iOS doesn't NEED to be manipulated. I think it's amazing as is.

OP
Destroyer

Destroyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Awesome guys but remember vote on the poll thats the main objective of this thread.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The reason why I'm a firm "no" on this is because I'm not SUPER techy. I rooted my Android phone all by myself and while I did the rooting part right, it provided to be more trouble than it was worth, so I returned it to stock. I got that phone for free (after going through a long hassle of broken phones for 4 months) but I am paying over $500 for this iPad. I know Jailbreaking makes it cooler, but it's not worth the risk to me. Plus I like iOS just the way it is.

OP
Destroyer

Destroyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like keep it the way it is too, I am just curious how many people JB and if they are happy too thats what all matters.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

sir_ben

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The reason why I'm a firm "no" on this is because I'm not SUPER techy. I rooted my Android phone all by myself and while I did the rooting part right, it provided to be more trouble than it was worth, so I returned it to stock. I got that phone for free (after going through a long hassle of broken phones for 4 months) but I am paying over $500 for this iPad. I know Jailbreaking makes it cooler, but it's not worth the risk to me. Plus I like iOS just the way it is.

Well the "it makes the device cooler" part certainly appealed to me the first time I thought of jailbreaking my iPhone 3G way back. Themes certainly had a big impact on my decision. But for the most part, I jailbroke my iPad 2 because of the tweaks that I can install like SBSettings. Jailbreaking in itself won't make the device unstable. Its the things you install afterwards that does. So to be certain, I do a bit more research on a tweak or jailbreak app before I install it on my device. I try not to go too crazy with customization.

Right now I got some three themes installed that I cycle through whenever I feel like it. Installed SBSettings, Folder Enhancer, black keyboard, activator, removebg, safari upload enabler, and activated gestures.

I think it would be a long time before I install any more than that. With iOS5 to be released soon... I hope they jailbreak it for the iPad 2 ... and fast! Hehehe.

mynameiserich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I absolutely think that jailbreaking is worth it. It adds any tweak you could pretty much think of that apple doesn't offer. Folders within folders, themes, turning off autocorrect, changing keyboard, adding widgets to lock screen for quick overview of new emails, weather, etc. The bonuses of jailbreak exceed the stock iOS by a mile. I can't imagine being on a device that isn't jailbroken.

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The risk is to lose your jailbreak, not the device thanks to the power of restore. The iPad is indeed good enough and the best device going out of the box. But jailbroken? It's a power again greater. Apple should fight it far less for the sake of incredible innovation and the goodwill of those who believe a device isn't theirs until they've ended up in an endless bootloop for the sake of making it their own.

striker5972

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I want to but I have an iPad 2 4.3.5 can somebody tell me how to jb it if possible thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions