What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreak iPad2. Is that even possible?

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new to Apple products and I have no idea how this jb thing is done.

Just a quick question - is that even possible to jb the new iPad? I checked the site jailbreakmatrix.com | iPhone/iPod News/Apps/Games/Guides and iPad2 is the only product which hasn't been JBed yet. Something tells me that maybe apple finally fixed all the holes in their loaders and ios?

Can anybody with hacking experience tell us can we expect JB for iPad2 or not?

Thanks!

OP
bat0nas

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just found my answer in @p0sixninja twits:

"Damn, this is one of the slowest progressing jailbreaks ever. I think I kinda miss geohot a bit :-("

:)

anthony2006

iPF Noob
Reaction score
like all "jailbreaking", if the task becomes too difficult to achieve the coders will move on to something else, in this case continue to work on successful jailbreak's of ALL OTHER current devices.

You have to keep in mind the demand for a ipad 2 jb vs. jb for iphones, ipod touch's, ipad 1's etc. which make up the bulk of apple's products out there. most programmers like myself will let the "geohots" of the world tackle the difficult stuff and then work on the maintenance of the code once it is released.

i highly doubt anyone is paying these coders $90/hr so there will be a waiting game for an ipad 2 jb is the final conclusion.

OP
bat0nas

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
like all "jailbreaking", if the task becomes too difficult to achieve the coders will move on to something else, in this case continue to work on successful jailbreak's of ALL OTHER current devices.

You have to keep in mind the demand for a ipad 2 jb vs. jb for iphones, ipod touch's, ipad 1's etc. which make up the bulk of apple's products out there. most programmers like myself will let the "geohots" of the world tackle the difficult stuff and then work on the maintenance of the code once it is released.

i highly doubt anyone is paying these coders $90/hr so there will be a waiting game for an ipad 2 jb is the final conclusion.

Thanks.
Now it's more clear.
That means that I should expect much the jailbreaking of the ipad2 in the near future and enjoy the device as it is.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

This is very informative, Anthony. Thanks!

Most reactions

Latest posts