What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tmno2 inspired...remotely connect.

Reaction score
Type your Gmail address in the experimental settings and you can also use splashtop away from home

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Type your Gmail address in the experimental settings and you can also use splashtop away from home

Support Our Troops!!

I think that's the only problem I experienced with Splashtop, I tried opening the experimental seccsion and it didn't work, but I didn't care to much about that. I don't mind it i'm way to busy having fun with this lol

Although I would like to know something, I have the iPad 1 WIFI and only use it around the house, so if I was to connect it to my work computer and come home would I be able to control/access my work computer? They leave the computer on even through the night (I don't think they've ever been turned off lol) at my work so that's not an issue.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mountainbikermark said:

That does sound easier than punching a hole in the router and forwarding the ports. I hope it works for me this time.

Reaction score

Support Our Troops!!

I think that's the only problem I experienced with Splashtop, I tried opening the experimental seccsion and it didn't work, but I didn't care to much about that. I don't mind it i'm way to busy having fun with this lol

Although I would like to know something, I have the iPad 1 WIFI and only use it around the house, so if I was to connect it to my work computer and come home would I be able to control/access my work computer? They leave the computer on even through the night (I don't think they've ever been turned off lol) at my work so that's not an issue.

As long as you have splashtop on the desktop you want to control and have the experimental feature enabled it will find that computer if it has access to the internet.
I'd ask at work before doing so due to security concerns.

Support Our Troops!!

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Support Our Troops!!

As long as you have splashtop on the desktop you want to control and have the experimental feature enabled it will find that computer if it has access to the internet.
I'd ask at work before doing so due to security concerns.

Support Our Troops!!

Ahahaha no way awesome, just what I wanted to hear.

Thanks

Reaction score
Some companies have stuff they don't want leaving work. I strongly suggest asking if it's ok and they don't have security to stop it

Support Our Troops!!

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some companies have stuff they don't want leaving work. I strongly suggest asking if it's ok and they don't have security to stop it

Support Our Troops!!

Will do thanks for the input, I appreciate it.:D I don't know if i'm even going to do it at work anyways since i'm pretty new there, but it is nice to know I can have access to more then one computer on Splashtop as long as the Splash Streamer is installed on that computer because i'm going to do it to my laptop as well.

kevin roach

iPF Noob
Reaction score
M325i said:
I would like to know how to remotely connect my iPad to a Windows XP Microsoft computer? If someone could create a detailed list or something to that affect it would really help me out. (what apps do I need etc...) Or is there an alternate way to get my iPad hooked up to a Windows XP Microsoft computer so I can view/control the PC from my iPad?

Any input is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Try splash top worse ok fore me

Most reactions

Latest posts