What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the Remote App is great! But how to manage multiple accounts

Kezug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love the Remote app to control my iTunes library from the iPad throughout my computer or stereo audio system.

However, I see that when I enable Home Sharing, its associated with my account (Dad), but my son also has an account and I would like to use the Remote app to switch between the 2 accounts? Is this possible?

NOTE: I have 1 computer with 2 Windows accounts, my iTunes is on Account 1, my sons iTunes library is on his, Account 2.

Thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Don't know if it is possible, but this might be worth a try.

Turn on user switching on the computer. Sign on to one account, and then without signing off switch to and sign on to the other.

On the Mac you do this in preferences, Accounts.

I know Windows 7 has a similar feature, but I'm not sure where it is.

I'm too lazy to turn on my Netbook, wait 5 minutes for it to boot, and the next half hour searching the feature. That's because I'm not all that familiar with the OS, and the Netbook is as slow as it was cheap. No insult intended to Windows 7 in general.

Since both accounts would be active, maybe, the iPad might find both and let you choose between them. A long shot, but worth a try.

OP
K

Kezug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks..but on Windows, only 1 windows account can run iTunes at one time...not both.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Oh well, it was a long shot. I'm not certain it would work on OS X either. I only have one account, so experimenting would be difficult.

Most reactions