What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need to remote control my Ipad from my desktop

MarcusCC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone found an app similar to MyMobiler (for windows phones), that would allow me to remote control or just even view my ipad screen from my windows or Mac Desktop?

I did do a search and could not find such an app.

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can use a vnc viewer on a jailbroken device. No way that I know of on a stock one.

DrF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LogMeIn Ignition

You might want to take a good look at Logmein Ignition app. It is expensive for an app, but LogMein has a good history, it is simple to use and all the reviews are good.

BL41R GRYLLS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You might want to take a good look at Logmein Ignition app. It is expensive for an app, but LogMein has a good history, it is simple to use and all the reviews are good.

but doesnt that allow you to view you computer screen on your ipad not the other way around?

lglazier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know of an app that doesn't require your desktop/laptop to be turned on to gain remote access?

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com

but doesnt that allow you to view you computer screen on your ipad not the other way around?

You are correct, LogMeIn allows the iPad to control the Computer. Personally, Splashtop is a better solution and much cheaper.

To the OP, without JB and VNC, you are pretty much out of luck.

BTW, why would you want/need to control an iPad from a PC?

Last edited:

iPadBiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone found an app similar to MyMobiler (for windows phones), that would allow me to remote control or just even view my ipad screen from my windows or Mac Desktop?

I did do a search and could not find such an app.

I don't believe this exists in the App store. There are options on JB devices though.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know of an app that doesn't require your desktop/laptop to be turned on to gain remote access?

Joking right? Does anyone know a computer that can be used when it's off?

As for the op, jailbreak, install veency log in thru any vnc viewer.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com

Joking right? Does anyone know a computer that can be used when it's off?

Not USE, just Gain Access. And yes, this is possible, however not usually done. Some motherboards and some laptops allow for a signal to be sent through the ethernet cable to Wake On Lan. We have some lap PCs set up like this however we rarely need to utilize it.

As far as Apps go, I dont know if any would be able to kick off a Wake On Lan signal on a computer.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As far as Apps go, I dont know if any would be able to kick off a Wake On Lan signal on a computer.

Splashtop Remote supports Wake on Lan since their last update.

I can't help on the OP's question - I've never heard of anything to let you control the iPad remotely.

OP
M

MarcusCC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why

You are correct, LogMeIn allows the iPad to control the Computer. Personally, Splashtop is a better solution and much cheaper.

To the OP, without JB and VNC, you are pretty much out of luck.

BTW, why would you want/need to control an iPad from a PC?

My goal of displaying IPAD on a desktop is related to performing mobility application demonstrations online.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can run Veency on my iPhone just "fine" but it won't work right on my iPad 4.2.1. The mouse pointer does not function on the iPad, but does on iPhone. Right click is home button, etc.

But I would not call the performance very acceptable. Screen draw time is painful. I mainly use it with my iPhone 4 so I can text without having to pickup my phone, and to use my PC's kayboard.

Michael

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts