What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Depending on what you want the text for, you could take screen shots. If it's for study notes, a picture should be almost as useful as the text alone. Using the free app Skitch you can even crop and annotate the note; then import it into your favorite card app.

If you are trying to get the quote into a thesis or other paper, I'm afraid you'll have to do it old fashioned way, and type.

brunodjkj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is a handy tip for iPad, iPhone and iPod users.

If you ever get problems with your home button sticking with excessive use! go to settings/general/accessibility/ then turn on "Assistive Touch" ( it will place a home button on screen ) try it out

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tarzan11_11 said:
Thanks Mr.Bruno
That reduces the pressure on home button...

I use the gestures as often as I can to operate. You can even stop the "jiggly mode" by swiping the screen up and back down.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use the "pretend you want to see notifications" gesture. You don't have to pull down far to stop the jiggling.

Apocalyptoad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have a rubbish app that crashes but seems to freeze your apple device then hold the power button until the SLIDE TO POWER OFF appears. Then instead of going down that quite lengthly route. Just hold the home button for around 5 seconds, this will force quit the app that is open. Hope this helps :)

gazza959

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jenifferhomes said:
iOS defaults to a four-number passcode, but you can turn it off by going to Settings, General, Passcode Lock, Simple Passcode. Now you can use any full keyboard password to lock the iPad. The password also helps to encrypt your mail and attachments on the iPad, so you probably want to make it safer than a four-digit number

Thanks

Did not know this. Very helpful, thanks

Jirokitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a easier way for you to listen to music without going to music also a shortcut for it
First double tap the home button
Then slide left
Hope it helps :)

Kellie64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Ipad 2 should be shipping by Tuesday. I will have to re read this whole thread again. Thank you for all the tips. I can't wait to get mine. My first apple product. Throughout the thread I saw a reference to shaking the the ipad. What does that mean?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kellie64 said:
My Ipad 2 should be shipping by Tuesday. I will have to re read this whole thread again. Thank you for all the tips. I can't wait to get mine. My first apple product. Throughout the thread I saw a reference to shaking the the ipad. What does that mean?

Not sure what you are referencing but if you have typed something and want to delete it, shake the iPad and it will come up with an option box to Undo Typing. Much easier and faster than selecting the text to Cut or using the backspace to Delete.

iPad 2 3G 64gb

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
miccau said:
I'm not laughing!! I didn't know that and I guess I never close programs. I had 56 apps running. Wow. THANK YOU :D

How close apps down then reopen them, I thought when you closed them they were gone. Sorry if it is a dumb question

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
clermont said:
How close apps down then reopen them, I thought when you closed them they were gone. Sorry if it is a dumb question

You have to routinely force close apps that have been recently visited. It helps to free up your iPad and allow for it to run more efficiently. Just exiting out of an app will leave it running in the background until you visit it again. That's why it still remains in your multi-task bar to return to if needed.

Anytime an app acts up, you should try to completely close it out. Seems to work itself out by doing this maneuver.

Most reactions

Latest posts