What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
clermont said:
How close apps down then reopen them, I thought when you closed them they were gone. Sorry if it is a dumb question

You may be in for a shock at how many you have open!

From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press an app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus signs, this will close the apps, not delete them, now swipe your screen down to close.

You delete apps from your normal screens and you will get an X to delete.

iPad 2 3G 64gb

Last edited:

Martamci

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question for those who know. How do I add contacts on iPad? Have no 'plus' button when open contacts app :(

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Martamci said:
Question for those who know. How do I add contacts on iPad? Have no 'plus' button when open contacts app :(

Hi and welcome to the Forum,

Go to Settings - iCloud and make sure your Contacts are turned on here.........your + sign should appear

iPad 2 3G 64gb

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
leelai said:
You may be in for a shock at how many you have open!

From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press an app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus signs, this will close the apps, not delete them, now swipe your screen down to close.

You delete apps from your normal screens and you will get an X to delete.

iPad 2 3G 64gb

Ok I hope I have this correct, double click the home button, the scene slides down and the apps running are at the bottom, hold one and they will all jiggle and have minus signs on them, I click on the minus sign and that closes the app down but the app still remains on the main iPad screen to use later, is that correct, but if I want to delete the app I delete it from the main screen with the x on the app...have I got that correct

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
clermont said:
Ok I hope I have this correct, double click the home button, the scene slides down and the apps running are at the bottom, hold one and they will all jiggle and have minus signs on them, I click on the minus sign and that closes the app down but the app still remains on the main iPad screen to use later, is that correct, but if I want to delete the app I delete it from the main screen with the x on the app...have I got that correct

That is correct, however, you can avoid the double press on the home button by placing four fingers on the screen and sliding them up and the reverse to close.

The Archangel

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lol I must be clumsy I have been sitting here for the past few minutes with 4 fingers on the screen trying to slide it, doesn't work for me, must be holing my mouth right lol

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nope all it does is goes sideways as normal, can't get it to slide up with four fingers on the screen...doing something wrong

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
clermont said:
Nope all it does is goes sideways as normal, can't get it to slide up with four fingers on the screen...doing something wrong

Well if you can slide sideways then multitasking is switched on......I can't slide four fingers up the screen without it opening the bar at the bottom.

The Archangel

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
And member, the four-fingers to slide up maneuver isn't available on all iterations of the iOS (it only became stock on iOS 5). What version of iOS are you running?

Marilyn

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you can use the 4 finger swipe-up, you just need to tap the top screen to close the multi-task bar.

Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Well thank you.....I've learnt something new as well.

The Archangel

Is there a quick way of closing all the open apps at once? I probably have about 50 open right now!

Thanks everyone. Great posts.

carmanhere

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read some great tips. BUT I have a problem that I have trying to fix for 2 weeks now. I have the Ipad2 w/wifi, I did jailbreak it weeks ago and it was fine. Something happened and I deleted Edited by Moderator - piracy repository reference removed.. I can't get it back, I've tried to do a fresh install 3 times and nothing happened. How can I get back Edited by Moderator - piracy repository reference removed. or do a fresh install? I don't care, if it's a fresh install, I have the time to do it. Thanks all for your help and sugg.

Last edited by a moderator:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
TallahasseeLassie said:
Is there a quick way of closing all the open apps at once? I probably have about 50 open right now!

Thanks everyone. Great posts.

No. Hopefully that ability will turn up in ios6.

Most reactions

Latest posts