What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know!

Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
In which app are you trying to do this? As far as I know, the only stock iPad apps that allow for underlining is the Mail app. In order to work it, you have to select the text, press the arrow key on the pop-up, press the BIU button and then select underlining.

Other office management apps do allow for underling, but there are so many. So, which one are you trying to edit?

Marilyn

Hi, thanks for your reply. I was trying to do it in Mail. I had never noticed the arrow key on the pop up before. Great.

Lyric39

iPF Noob
Reaction score
App closing
Place 5 fingers on screen slide up to see how many apps are open. Close then by holding down on the first app you see till a little negative sign comes up ...click each app you want closed. Dummy me didn't know this till had the iPad for. While so as basic a tip as it is I thought I'd pass it on.

Eaglenest608

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lyric39 said:
App closing
Place 5 fingers on screen slide up to see how many apps are open. Close then by holding down on the first app you see till a little negative sign comes up ...click each app you want closed. Dummy me didn't know this till had the iPad for. While so as basic a tip as it is I thought I'd pass it on.

This can actually be done with four fingers as well.

rlapoint

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Control your "scrubbing" speed for better accuracy.

To control the scrubbing speed (moving forward or backward in a song or video)
Press the progress line and hold while moving your finger down the screen. This will allow you to get half speed scrubbing and slower.
It is much more accurate to get to the place you want in the song or video. :)

Last edited:

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bluray said:
It can also be done with one finger. dde09

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Easier to see what is open by taping on the home button twice. I mean at a relatively quick rate.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try try again,

"Post with pictures it helps everyone"

drathbun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been posted in this thread or not, but many people do not know you can get SIX apps across the iPad's DOCK, not just the standard four.

a9678827.jpg

onehammer6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
image-2042963456.jpg

image-3163273172.jpg

Hi,,I also don't know if this has been mentioned previously,so sorry if it has.
When in safari ,on the top left hand side,by holding the back arrow down it will bring up a list of all the pages the current page has been on before,lol,,if that makes sense,I hope the photos I've taken work.
On the right hand side of safari up top you have the + button to add a new page. Holding that down gives you all the recently closed TABS in case you want to revisit a page again.
Again sorry if this has been shown before.

Johnny

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Damn, the TC (or someone) should make a collective list of everything posted in the original post. It sucks having to read through 81 pages looking for the tips, especially since half of the posts aren't tips at all, but people asking unrelated questions.

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been posted in this thread or not, but many people do not know you can get SIX apps across the iPad's DOCK, not just the standard four.

a9678827.jpg

You can get more then six with a Cydia app called Infinidock and also be able to scroll the dock left and right.

Sissy526

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just finished reading all 810 posts. Thanks for all the great tips, some of which are already part of how I use my iPad. I made notes on the ones I didn't know and will be checking back for more tips.

Most reactions

Latest posts