What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know!

Hthompson1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Folders

Hthompson1 said:
I am doing the same with Yahoo as the folder account.

I have tried to do so with Yahoo but didn't succeed. Please can you guide me through?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Well, ther is not much guiding to do. Just sign on to Yahoo, set up the folders you want using the instructions given by Yahoo. Then set up another mail account your iPad for Yahoo. The folders you created in Yahoo will appear on your iPad when you select the Yahoo mail account.
I hope this helps,

akintomide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hthompson1 said:
Well, ther is not much guiding to do. Just sign on to Yahoo, set up the folders you want using the instructions given by Yahoo. Then set up another mail account your iPad for Yahoo. The folders you created in Yahoo will appear on your iPad when you select the Yahoo mail account.
I hope this helps,

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just figured out that you can delete messages right from the message! Just slide to the right and a little red delete box pops up. I was doing the trash can thing....Duh!

Didn't know that....although it took me awhile to notice the "Edit" button at the top of the message list that lets you flag multiple messages for delete and I was doing them one at a time like a sucker.
Also, just tap the garbage can icon and the highlighted message will disappear.

NAYo2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can use 2 finger gesture to scroll on those websites frames within websites.. Especially useful for facebook pop-ups (for list of attendees, friends, etc.)

Dailyfinance.com also use those framed scrolling

Dawgluver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DH messed up my machine, when I got it back, all the icons were HUGH and I was unable to scroll or do anything. Very angry. After several hours of trying to fix it, I went back into Settings for the thousandth time, went to Accessability, and unchecked Zoom. Yay! My baby is back to normal, except I had reverted to factory settings trying to fix it, and all of my files were unfiled and spread out all over 11 plus pages. Will take awhile to get things back. DH apparently used a three finger scroll or something to mess it up.

Moral of the story: keep yer mitts off my IPad!

Last edited:

Calis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When your are Typing and need to access a Number or Different Character press and hold the .?123 button and slide to the Character/Number you want - when you release it will return you to the Standard Keyboard

Calis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can change the Mute Button on the Side of the iPad2 to lock the rotation.

Go to settings and find "Use Side Switch to:" You have 2 options. Mute or Lock Rotation

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Calis said:
When your are Typing and need to access a Number or Different Character press and hold the .?123 button and slide to the Character/Number you want - when you release it will return you to the Standard Keyboard

Cool tip.
Thanks!

64GB 3G White iPad

mygsds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found out all the ebooks at my library are for Adobe Digital reader - which will not work on ipad :((

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
@mygsds: Sure they will! Just get the Overdrive app (which is the company that actually runs most library e-book systems). Once you sign up - you're golden. In fact, Overdrive was updated so it runs native on an iPad, versus having to 2x an iPhone app. So, it's good as long as you have a library card.

You can also use BlufireReader, that I know of for sure, as long as you authorize your iPad to read Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) books. I think there are more e-reading apps that'll read Adobe DRM books, I just don't remember which ones off the top of my head...

Marilyn

Hufn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found out all the ebooks at my library are for Adobe Digital reader - which will not work on ipad :((

Calibre is a free ebook converter as well. I imagine it should convert them to .epub, which work well in ibooks. I am not positive as I don't know the format, but it does work with quite a lot and it's free :)

Last edited:

bflash98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just received my ipad2. My first iOS device and it works great. One problem I'm having is if I type a URL wrong and I need to fix a letter in the middle. How do I get the cursor in the middle of the URL to fix the web address. For example www.washinhtonpost.com. When I try and put the cursor next to the incorrect "h" it thinks I want to cut and paste. I'm use to the arrows on the keyboard to move to the correct position and fix the problem but I don't think there are any arrows on the iPad keyboard. Any tips?

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are a number of great keyboard tips earlier in this thread, check it out. You can hold your finger on the text and a magnifying glass pops up, you can the slide the cursor where you need it.

bukzin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips however in the MAP section I see no traffic in lay option. I am connected via WIFI.
Thanks

My friend was showing this to me last night on his iPad, so this tip is really new to me as well. I'll have to verify whether he was on 3G or WiFi at the time, as that could possibly be the issue. From what i understand, the WiFI models do not have a GPS receiver, so this might be a 3G option only. (Someone please correct me if I am wrong. thanks :))

I'll do the honors..lol. Traffic layout can be seen on wifi versions. I have wifi version and it shows me traffic layout if I click the layer option to do so. It might just be acting really funny at the time of your network slowing up some due to congestion. I'd say completely close out the app( not just by pressing home button, but double tapping home button to bring up multitasking bar and delete the maps from there) then relaunch the app. If that dont work, just poower the iPad off for amfew secs then cut back on(also while iPad still on, u can just hold the sleep and home button for 5 secs and it should reboot giving u amfresh start)
You also have to be in an area which is supported by 'traffic info' on the map.

Those of us who live in small towns do not seem to get this service.
(our California town is only 100,000 people)

AJTaliesen

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I thought adobe digital reader was pdf? Am I wrong?

If so (or even if not) you may not be out of luck completely. Ibooks reads pdf's ok. I'm still waiting for someone to get reflow right on ipad (goodreader has NOT yet succeeded in my opinion).

Stanza is a good choice (has an option to use an image as your background...so I made my own parchment file in photoshop to be a good background.

To get them to whatever app you want I either mail them to myself, or put them in dropbox (free app). If you hold down on it in the email it will bring up a list of apps you have installed that will open it. Pick the one you want and click.

Most reactions