What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know!

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem with all these mounts is that they are blocking your vents. In the winter you have to remeber to switch these blocked vents off or your Ipad gets roasted. In the summer you have to be prepared to get roasted yourself.

A mount on the dashboard doesn't sound to good either, since it will block a rather large part of your windscreen.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hthompson1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
I'm on Time Warner Cable (Road Runner) and they do NOT support folder transfer; they use the POP mail protocol rather than IMAP. So, I was stuck with either forwarding my Roadrunner e-mails to Gmail so I could put them into folders (aka "labels") after they got back to my iPad or I could leave the Roadrunner e-mails in my iPad's inbox … which would just keep growing.

Ha! Today, I accidently discovered I could just move the Roadrunner e-mails into my Gmail account/labels. No re-mailing required!

I take an e-mail that comes in to my Time Warner Roadrunner account, press the "move" button (the little down arrow thingy in the Mail app), select a folder in my Gmail account (on the left side … when the iPad is in landscape mode … just browse to whatever folder you want) and put the e-mail into that folder. Ta da! You've moved an e-mail to a different account. Oh, and the Gmail server updates/sync to show that newly moved e-mail.

Now, y'all probably knew this tip/trick already, but I thought it was so cool - I had to share it as a tip. But, I no longer care that Roadrunner is a POP3 account with no way to make folders, so … yay! :)

BTW - I should imagine this would work for other accounts too, not just Roadrunner (and, if they are IMAP as Gmail is, the server may also update). I do know that I can move an e-mail from my Gmail to my Roadrunner account - the e-mail will "disappear" from Google's server and will show up in the Roadrunner account on the iPad. Or, I can move either of these accounts e-mails into a third e-mail account (my college e-mail). Granted, neither the college nor Roadrunner servers update like Gmail's does, but still, I think it's a handy way to manage e-mails/inboxes.

Just makes managing e-mails a little easier … as I do like folders for just-in-case-I-need-it storage purposes. Of course, and as always, YMMV.

Marilyn

I am doing the same with Yahoo as the folder account.

Dawgluver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just figured out that you can delete messages right from the message! Just slide to the right and a little red delete box pops up. I was doing the trash can thing....Duh!

Great stuff on this site!

EvilMonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just figured out that you can delete messages right from the message! Just slide to the right and a little red delete box pops up. I was doing the trash can thing....Duh!

Didn't know that....although it took me awhile to notice the "Edit" button at the top of the message list that lets you flag multiple messages for delete and I was doing them one at a time like a sucker.

Dawgluver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
EvilMonkey said:
Didn't know that....although it took me awhile to notice the "Edit" button at the top of the message list that lets you flag multiple messages for delete and I was doing them one at a time like a sucker.

Lol! Didn't know that either!

RBC77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Show traffic conditions: Open Maps, press the dog-eared page icon in the lower right, and then turn the Traffic overlay on. If your iPad has an Internet connection, Maps will show real-time traffic conditions in the displayed area. Green means traffic is going at the posted speed limit, yellow means traffic is slower than the posted speed limit, and red means traffic is stop-and-go.
Love this one...this will be great on car trips.

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is a great tip. Still, I wish I hadn't read it. I live in Bangkok and all is red.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Dawgluver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found super cheap microfiber cloths for screen cleaning in the automotive section of the Dollar Store.

Reaction score
That old disco era shirt still tucked away in the closet for the day ( never gonna happen) when our belly will fit back into it makes a very nice, though loudly flashy, screen cleaner.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

Most reactions

Latest posts