What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know!

PatS

iPF Novice
Reaction score
vm845 said:
Not sure if you know, but you borrow books from local library's. I just tried it, you just need your card #, I use the kindle app. But I am sure you can use other formats as well. My local town (which is a small rural community) has a small secelction online, but you can go to other towns digital library's websites as well. I love this. Great for someone who is on the road, and never gets books back in time.

You probably already found it, but on the Amazon ebooks list, open best sellers and there is an ever changing of 100 free books to download

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow this is a long thread. Sorry if it's already mentioned but has anyone not noticed when taking a picture with the camera app if you press the volume up it takes the picture instead of pressing the on screen button to take a snap???

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
therealriley said:
Wow this is a long thread. Sorry if it's already mentioned but has anyone not noticed when taking a picture with the camera app if you press the volume up it takes the picture instead of pressing the on screen button to take a snap???

I never knew that. Good tip.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still find it more convenient to use the original button.

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WitchOneSalem said:
I still find it more convenient to use the original button.

Me too to be honest I end up with my fingers over the camera lens :/

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
therealriley said:

I may not be speaking for everyone and the Mods may ban me for saying this but I think with new users popping in all the time to subscribe to this thread Some tips are good to repeat. As evidence to the reply just after your post. Not everyone has the time to read a giant thread like this so I thinks it's a good service.

I used to be all thumbs now I'm all gums I love dictating my posts!

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
therealriley said:
Me too to be honest I end up with my fingers over the camera lens :/

That is very easy to do. Good thing we can delete the photo then retake of the shot.

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WitchOneSalem said:
I tried that and I do not like the split keyboard. I wish there was an option to show numbers and letters at the same time.

i have ipad2, not sure if a model available for the iPad, i got a BT keyboard of Ebay (acts as a cover for the srreen when closed), i now have numbers along the topand far more pace on the screen :)

- but can't find the ruddy UK Pound key on it :(

hey ho lol!

Most reactions

Latest posts