What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The spacebar has been driving me a little nuts lately

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Am I just hitting it at the wrong angle or something? It seems like my biggest hold back on this keyboard is typing words as one without a space...wtf

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Am I just hitting it at the wrong angle or something? It seems like my biggest hold back on this keyboard is typing words as one without a space...wtf

I hear you,, happens to everyone... I've actually typed supper slow and still see that problem .... i just tolerate it. :confused:

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Happens to me on the iPhone all the time, I actually haven't had any problems with the iPad, maybe all the practice on the tiny iPhone keyboard has helped...

minidoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same problem except I seem to always hit the "n" in between words instead of the spacebar, once I can find the camera connection kit I'll hook up a spare USB keyboard.

Flinthills

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've noticed that this system has a very active dictionary and will make corrections on the fly. Half way thru the word it guesses what you want and offers a suggestion, such as making "halfway" into two words. I just reread the text and tap the highlighted correction.

Automatically capitalizing the first word of the sentence takes some getting used to.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are a lot of things that take getting used to, including accidentally hit the number bar instead of the space bar.

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i always hit the "1234" button to the right of the space bar and i type numbers and other things till I look and then !!!!! PISS ME OFF!!!

Checkpoint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same problem except I seem to always hit the "n" in between words instead of the spacebar, once I can find the camera connection kit I'll hook up a spare USB keyboard.

That's the exact thing that in was doing when I first got the iPad, but I seemed to have overcome it... Now I keep hitting "q" instead of hitting "a".

I actually typed this post up to this sentence on the iPad in about 37 seconds with no issues, so I think I'm doing alright.

The only thing that trips me up sometimes is the auto-correction. I wish you could add custom words to the iPad dictionary or set it to replace certain misspelled words with others. Anyone else agree?

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That's the exact thing that in was doing when I first got the iPad, but I seemed to have overcome it... Now I keep hitting "q" instead of hitting "a".

I actually typed this post up to this sentence on the iPad in about 37 seconds with no issues, so I think I'm doing alright.

The only thing that trips me up sometimes is the auto-correction. I wish you could add custom words to the iPad dictionary or set it to replace certain misspelled words with others. Anyone else agree?

Yes, there are certain words I use, that are not in it's dictionary and it constantly wants to correct them to the word I don't want.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I am a big "n" hitter as well.... and I see the spell corrector as a mixed blessing. Sometimes it helps, and other times it hurts. I figure it's about 50/50......

I also hate that when you have a misspelled word, and you want to correct it... you have to highlight the word, hit select, and then hit replace to see a list of suggestions. I like the Windows way better where you right click anywhere in the word and instantly have suggestions......

Most reactions

Latest posts