What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official I pre-ordered my iPad 3 Thread!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
My iPad was supposed to have morning delivery according to the ups website.This deadline has been missed by 1 1/2 hours so far and is not even out for delivery 6 hours after arriving at the local UPS facility.

Quarter to six and still no iPad.It's not even showing up on the UPS website as being out for delivery.Its been sitting around for 10 hours now with no sign of delivery.If its not delivered in the next hour,I've been told I'll have to wait until Monday for delivery.Not very good when Apple contracted for AM delivery this morning.Has anybody else experienced unreasonable delays in the delivery of their iPad?

iLloyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
I'm impressed with the dictation! How exciting is all this!
Hope y'all enjoying yourselves right now with your new iPads. :)

I get annoyed with Siri as it never understands me but dictation on my new iPad is actually really good. Well happy !

RandyM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got to see, hold and use the new ipad today, a family member bought one. I liked it so much I am breaking my own rule about waiting a month or so after a new apple device comes out and will be ordering mine this weekend. My luck they'll be sold out till Summer!

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Delivered! First iPad, so I am very excited about it. The anticipation was overwhelming. However, I have to say, having played with quite a few iPad 1s & 2s - unless you know you need it for the graphics capabilities it's not something to be jealous of if you already own an iPad2.

The screen though is very very very very nice.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
Quarter to six and still no iPad.It's not even showing up on the UPS website as being out for delivery.Its been sitting around for 10 hours now with no sign of delivery.If its not delivered in the next hour,I've been told I'll have to wait until Monday for delivery.Not very good when Apple contracted for AM delivery this morning.Has anybody else experienced unreasonable delays in the delivery of their iPad?

Looks like I will be waiting until Monday,after all.So much for delivery on release day.My iPad spent the whole day at the local UPS facility without ever being out for delivery.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
Looks like I will be waiting until Monday,after all.So much for delivery on release day.My iPad spent the whole day at the local UPS facility without ever being out for delivery.

Correction,it came after all,just before 8pm.Yahoooooo!!!

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great that you finally got it, poor that they delayed so long to get it there. Might have been a huge demand in your area.

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Walked right into Best Buy and got a brand New iPad. No wait or pre-order. Sweet! Love it. Love the new display over the iPad2

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes. It is quite nice. If you can see the difference between the 2nd & 3rd generation, imagine the difference between first-generation and third-generation.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The difference is the same, isn't it? The iPad 1 and iPad 2 used the same display and resolution. The improvement in screen quality would be identical.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The difference is the same, isn't it? The iPad 1 and iPad 2 used the same display and resolution. The improvement in screen quality would be identical.

Yes, the screen difference is the same - they are identical screens on the iPad1 and iPad2. But - wow! The difference overall between an iPad1 and an iPad3!!! I am so thrilled with the change.

So, fair warning to iPad1 owners out there: Do NOT go look at the new iPad or "play" with it in stores. You have been warned... :D

Marilyn

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, the screen difference is the same - they are identical screens on the iPad1 and iPad2. But - wow! The difference overall between an iPad1 and an iPad3!!! I am so thrilled with the change.

So, fair warning to iPad1 owners out there: Do NOT go look at the new iPad or "play" with it in stores. You have been warned... :D

Marilyn

Did you buy one, Marilyn?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, absolutely! :D

And, going from the first to the third generation - what a pleasant change (awesome, even). All I can say is: As an ex-iPad1 owner, the upgrade is very much worth it.

YMMV, of course...

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts