What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official I pre-ordered my iPad 3 Thread!

tsalmon88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm new to the forum and i have to say i'm quite impressed with what i have seen.

I pre-ordered my ipad and it says it will arrive on the 16th but it has been sitting in Ontario Canada since Sunday. I live in Utah. When will it show up in Utah? I'm just getting paranoid that I won't get it on Friday.

GARoss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found this on the apple forum.

Your pre-order iPad may already be in your Support Profile at Apple! Mine was! ^_^

https://supportprofile.apple.com

Mine is there complete with new iPad's serial number!

FedEX picked it up on the 12th but doesn't show any progress locations. Just says "Estimated delivery Mar 16, 2012 by 4:30 PM" then "Future delivery requested". Looks like Apple wants these delivered no earlier than the 16th & that's OK by me.:D

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
WooHoo. Just got a call from Apple in Ireland saying they will be able to make my 16th Delivery and it won't be delayed until 21st as notified by email. I'm a happy bunny again :)

Kewl! Bet you are thrilled you don't have to go stand in line...

Marilyn

ticka1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is there complete with new iPad's serial number!

FedEX picked it up on the 12th but doesn't show any progress locations. Just says "Estimated delivery Mar 16, 2012 by 4:30 PM" then "Future delivery requested". Looks like Apple wants these delivered no earlier than the 16th & that's OK by me.:D

Mine is there too!!! Mine has left Nashville TN enroute to my house on 3/16/2012 by 3:00 p.m. - I'm so excited. Thanks for posting this information - its neat to see that its all coming together! Kudos to Apple for making all the logistics work on such a huge launch of Ipad - 3rd generation.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just checked my apple profile and my iPad 3 is there as well,complete with serial number.The downside is that the warranty protection started when I ordered the iPad,not when I will receive it.

tmurray315

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine says is was shipped on the 12th but still sitting in middletown pa it says estimated delivery the 16th hope i get it

panchucko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just checked my apple profile and my iPad 3 is there as well,complete with serial number.The downside is that the warranty protection started when I ordered the iPad,not when I will receive it.

Seems to me that the warranty shouldn't start until at least the 16th. Oh well I am going to get the Apple Care+ for iPad, add 2 years.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
panchucko said:
Seems to me that the warranty shouldn't start until at least the 16th. Oh well I am going to get the Apple Care+ for iPad, add 2 years.

The telephone technical support expires on June 10th,2012 and the parts and service warranty expires on march 11th,2013.I'm losing 5 days of technical support and 6 days on the warranty.

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad3 preorder "Warrantygate" - coming soon ;)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Actually, Apple can legally claim that once the product has left the factory it is under full warranty and the clock starts then. There are some companies though that do base it on purchase date as long as you can provide proof of said date. Otherwise they have to revert to manufacture date. The Hard Drive industry is the biggest example of this and it has already withstood several legal challenges.

Most reactions

Latest posts