What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Anything Goes" thread

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So happy you're safe. We were without power for a week after hurricane sandy. I really sympathize with you and can not imagine going for more than a week. Stay cool and hydrated.

Bobbi

TMWeddle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
rustymailbox.blogspot.com
For different reasons I had not checked out the forum for a long time. I discovered that the app no longer works but was finally able to find this "Anything Goes" thread that I used to frequent, usually just lurking. I hope some of the old regulars are still around.

mydave

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Question: has anyone ever heard of CrowdMedia?
Hope that someone here would have the info you need.

The reason that I replied is, there is some other info that may be of interested to you, being a photography lover yourself.
I recently bought something from Adorama which required me to sign up for their VIP account ($149 value free). The membership offered several things, including a free 30 GB online storage, photography education, etc . . . I am not interested in any of the offers, but it may be worthwhile for you or someone else to check it out.
Here is the link:
http://www.adorama.com/pages/vip?ut...ate&utm_campaign=Other&utm_source=rflaid62905

Best,

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For different reasons I had not checked out the forum for a long time. I discovered that the app no longer works but was finally able to find this "Anything Goes" thread that I used to frequent, usually just lurking. I hope some of the old regulars are still around.

Welcome TMWeddle...some of us are are still around here!! Glad to see you back and also using the new website! :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Question: has anyone ever heard of CrowdMedia?

I can't remember hearing the specific term, but it sounds like one of those new crowd sourced news media ideas that is gaining popularity. You carry your phone or tablet and report on what is happening near/around you.

I'd be more interested if it also had a CrowdPayment system. :)

Edit: Ahh. Never mind. I see they are a new photography site. I'm not overly impressed. If they were billing themselves as an amateur sharing site, ok; but instead they are waving around the 'get free exposure' flag: Which is short hand for 'please work for free so we can make money'.

Anyway that's what I get after reading their About page, and very little else; so I could be wrong.

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hope that someone here would have the info you need.

The reason that I replied is, there is some other info that may be of interested to you, being a photography lover yourself.
I recently bought something from Adorama which required me to sign up for their VIP account ($149 value free). The membership offered several things, including a free 30 GB online storage, photography education, etc . . . I am not interested in any of the offers, but it may be worthwhile for you or someone else to check it out.
Here is the link:
http://www.adorama.com/pages/vip?ut...ate&utm_campaign=Other&utm_source=rflaid62905

Best,
Thank you! The site looks interesting.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
...Ahh. Never mind. I see they are a new photography site. I'm not overly impressed. If they were billing themselves as an amateur sharing site, ok; but instead they are waving around the 'get free exposure' flag: Which is short hand for 'please work for free so we can make money'.

Anyway that's what I get after reading their About page, and very little else; so I could be wrong.
That's what I know as well. I was hoping someone has some experience, that's why I was posting the question.

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I think of an accidental drug overdose. I feel sad for his adult children. Anyone remember Mork and Mindy? Or GOOD MORNING, VIETNAM .? Classics

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good Morning Vietnam is just great! And I also like Good Will Hunting and Dead Poet's Society.

That's so sad!

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You are so right! He brought so many people so much laughter! We were blessed to be entertained by him! I saw him on Ellen recently , she had no clue what was going to. Happen next!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I think of an accidental drug overdose. I feel sad for his adult children. Anyone remember Mork and Mindy? Or GOOD MORNING, VIETNAM .? Classics

The first few articles say that it was most likely suicide by asphyxiation. He was going through a period of deep depression according to family. It's heartbreaking that a man who has given so much happiness and laughter to other should end his life in despair.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Goodness! How are you Mikel? Long time no see. I cried when I heard about Robin Williams. To be so depressed that he couldn't face going on, he must have been in a very dark place. Having gone through this recently, I can see how that could be but there is always light at the end of the tunnel.. Hope everyone is gearing up for Thanksgiving and then roll on my favourite time of year - Christmas yippee!

Most reactions

Latest posts