What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Anything Goes" thread

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well! I thought I'd let my friends know that I have left my school, doctors orders! I was getting too wound up and stressed with all that's been going on so I am now ensconced on my patio reading all that I've missed due to not realising the app didn't work anymore! Unfortunately, a close colleague teacher died this week in his sleep. 44!!!!!! No age to die. He was fit as a fiddle, competed in long distance cycling races etc... Haven't got over the shock yet! His daughter was starting in September at our school! I was also unhappy to see a huge comedy hero of mine died too! Rik Mayall was a legend. RIP
Anyway, enjoying our fabulous sunny weather. Non-stop sunshine for a whole week? It can't be England? Unfortunately we are out of the World Cup but hey oh, life goes on! Hee hee!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks Bobbi and yes, I am in the garden again. So many pots to fill. Hubby seems to take great delight in bringing more flowers for me to LOOK after! I'm running out of compost and pots now! The pelargoniums are looking fab as well as my roses. Honeysuckle too!

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Haylee, just lay back and enjoy your rest, the view, the smells and the sounds! Shamrock will love having you home! Take care. [emoji56]

:) Peace begins with a smile :)
- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, I am all excited. My brother is in Somerset and my family and I are going out for dinner tonight! I haven't seen him for two years so I am ecstatic to see him. He lives in South Africa with his wife and daughter. Can't wait!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
thanks Johanna! I am his big sister but there is only 18 months between as against 9 years between our youngest brother so we are very close! Huge get together on Sunday with both brothers and my mum and partner. Only one missing will be my dad but he won't be there due to their divorce many years ago. Very sad really but I'm hoping this will be wonderful anyway! I hate him living so far away! hurray for iMessage and FaceTime!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well! I thought I'd let my friends know that I have left my school, doctors orders! I was getting too wound up and stressed with all that's been going on so I am now ensconced on my patio reading all that I've missed due to not realising the app didn't work anymore! Unfortunately, a close colleague teacher died this week in his sleep. 44!!!!!! No age to die. He was fit as a fiddle, competed in long distance cycling races etc... Haven't got over the shock yet! His daughter was starting in September at our school! I was also unhappy to see a huge comedy hero of mine died too! Rik Mayall was a legend. RIP
Anyway, enjoying our fabulous sunny weather. Non-stop sunshine for a whole week? It can't be England? Unfortunately we are out of the World Cup but hey oh, life goes on! Hee hee!

I'm sorry to hear this Hayley, your health is so much more important and I'm glad that you are now taking it easy after all the stress you have been through!

I'm sorry to hear of your colleague dying also...that is so young...his poor family, it must have been a big shock for everyone!

My second daughter was in London on the weekend, she absolutely loved your city and didn't want to leave.

Well, I am all excited. My brother is in Somerset and my family and I are going out for dinner tonight! I haven't seen him for two years so I am ecstatic to see him. He lives in South Africa with his wife and daughter. Can't wait!

This must be so exciting for you! Have a wonderful time with your brother!

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sounds wonderful that most of your family will be getting together. Must be difficult to have a brother who lives so far away. Enjoy every minute.

Bobbi

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It was great. You don't realise how much you miss your siblings until they are stood right there in front of you. He must have missed me too as he gave me a huge hug right back. He owns a massive supermarket in SA and is always so busy. We had a great time thank you everyone! Let's hope the family get together on Sunday comes real quick!

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I saw the new update, I saw the new jailbreak tool, I saw some new games in the AppStore.

I think I have all the reason to come back.

Most reactions

Latest posts