What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Anything Goes" thread

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is what we can get just recently in one of our supermarket chains:
image.jpg

These are for my son and daughter.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My son and I'd certainly have enjoyed it. My daughter, on the other hand, knows the episodes (successfully infected ;)), but I still wonder why she wanted one of these drinking glasses. :rolleyes:

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'd join the dark side.

Another typhoon is gonna drop in the Philippines. Looks really powerful. Since it's a really large one almost the entire south and middle region of Luzon already has storm signals. Wish me luck.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd join the dark side.

Another typhoon is gonna drop in the Philippines. Looks really powerful. Since it's a really large one almost the entire south and middle region of Luzon already has storm signals. Wish me luck.
Keep safe Seraphim.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd join the dark side.

I do wish you that Seraphim! No doubt people in your neck of the woods are experienced with these typhoons, so make sure you are well battened down and secure. Hoping you and yours ride this one out safely.
Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk Pro

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The eye will make a direct hit at my province. It already made its landfall so hopefully it may have weakened. Even if it just made its landfall my place is already being shocked by thunders, heavy rains and winds. Storm surges have destroyed a lot of places near the coastal areas in the country. I am living at the capital and it was never used to ever having any typhoon hits, it was never designed to withstand storms, last typhoon that hit the capital did a lot of damage.

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Please tell us what happened when you.can! I hope it has passed! hope all is well!

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm fine. So one word to describe the situation here is just disaster. What's amazing is that there are provinces where they have zero casualties. There are only less than 100 people who died, which is impressive if you ask me. We don't have electricity for a week now. I can't sleep because its too hot, and since our water pumps need electricity to run, we don't have water. We had to take water from some place near us but we don't know where it came from, so we only used it for taking a bath, but that made my skin dry. Damages in power plants makes things complicated, it may take us until the end of the month to get back the electricity. What's funny here is that even though it weakened it did more damage to the capital than the location of its landfall. Everyone here is just becoming mad and there is the risk of a possible riot.

I managed to get WiFi from my office. At least its comfortable here.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm fine. So one word to describe the situation here is just disaster. What's amazing is that there are provinces where they have zero casualties. There are only less than 100 people who died, which is impressive if you ask me. We don't have electricity for a week now. I can't sleep because its too hot, and since our water pumps need electricity to run, we don't have water. We had to take water from some place near us but we don't know where it came from, so we only used it for taking a bath, but that made my skin dry. Damages in power plants makes things complicated, it may take us until the end of the month to get back the electricity. What's funny here is that even though it weakened it did more damage to the capital than the location of its landfall. Everyone here is just becoming mad and there is the risk of a possible riot.

Hi Seraphim...stay safe and hope that the power and water do come on for you and your family in the Philippines. I have not heard of any family there that have been effected. Most have been online via FB and are alright.

Take care,

Ski

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Thank you for taking the time to update your situation. I truly appreciate what you are taking about! Without power we, also have no water because we have a well. Basically NOTHING WORKS without power and we don't have a back-up generator! I have kept an old fashioned phone but that's all that works. I often use candles to read by.
I would take a sleeping bad to work if I were you, oops just remembered my dogs and cats and chickens! Hmm, maybe work at night and go home in the day? o_O Good wishes for your power to be back on soon! Thanks again for the update, take care and hope you find a way to stay cool.:cool:
Diane.

Most reactions

Latest posts