What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Anything Goes" thread

Samana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wait, I have something to say! But WAIT A MINUTE. Because this post is so important, Dumbledore has to shout "SILENCE" in the long, drawn-out voice that he always uses, and then you're gonna hear a lot of "shut up"s because everybody wants to hear it and they want everyone else to be quiet and then Dumbledore says "SILENCE" again, and THIS time everybody listens and now I will........... oh, shoot, I forgot what I was gonna say. Oh, man I'm screwed..... ooooohhhhh snap........

This post has been voted pointless by the majority of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Moving on! :D

Ashs4

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wait, I have something to say! But WAIT A MINUTE. Because this post is so important, Dumbledore has to shout "SILENCE" in the long, drawn-out voice that he always uses, and then you're gonna hear a lot of "shut up"s because everybody wants to hear it and they want everyone else to be quiet and then Dumbledore says "SILENCE" again, and THIS time everybody listens and now I will........... oh, shoot, I forgot what I was gonna say. Oh, man I'm screwed..... ooooohhhhh snap........ This post has been voted pointless by the majority of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Moving on! :D

LOL

- Ash

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Whenever somebody takes a cookie out of the cookie jar and says "I'm only taking one cookie", there's an implied "at a time". That's the case with my brother. Earlier today, we were downstairs together. He took a cookie from the cookie jar, said "Just one cookie", and ate it. I turned around to see what was on TV, when all of a sudden, there's a loud clattering sound behind me. I whirled around, and my brother was standing there with puffed-up cheeks and cookie crumbs around his mouth. :D
The old proverbial "caught your hand in the cookie jar" :D

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
After more than two years, I thought I had iPad care completely under control until I got 7 minis all at once.

Daily Life with Multiple iPads:

Very clever!

Peace begins with a smile. :)
M Teresa

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So? What do you people think about Super typhoon Haiyan A.K.A: Yolanda?

As a filipino, I felt how destructive it is. The middle part of my country is starving for 5 days. It was heart warming for everyone including 22 other nation to donate to us. I just want to say thank you for the donations you gave us.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

As a filipino, I felt how destructive it is. The middle part of my country is starving for 5 days. It was heart warming for everyone including 22 other nation to donate to us. I just want to say thank you for the donations you gave us.

I am shocked at the level of devastation in the Philippines and truly feel for all who have lost loved ones and their homes. It's such a heartbreaking time for so many and I do hope that all the international aid does reach everyone in need and as soon as possible.

I know Australia has sent aid and money and that some medical teams are on their way to help where they can.

It will be a long road ahead to recovery but if we all help where we can it just has to make a difference.

We have quite a few members here from the Philippines and our thoughts go out to them and pray that they are safe and well!

dianne137

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you for posting seraphim.I've been thinking of you.You must know that people from the Philippines make up a considerable part of Canada so this devastation hits very close for us.The communities will pull together but this will take much work to see the people affected helped and supported.
I don't under stand two names being given to the storm?We are capable of pronouncing unfamiliar names if the media is consistent.Not a big deal and hopefully this will be clear to all who will dig deep into their hearts and pockets.
be we'll.

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score

I feel terrible about these devastating storms, fires, tornadoes, hurricanes - when I heard that 1/2 a million people were homeless, well I just couldn't wrap my head around that! Some of those pictures just broke my heart. :( i see pictures of New Orleans in the present day. It has been so many years since that devastation and it is still a mess. It is impossible for me to understand that kind of dislocation, destruction and the length of time it takes to recover from. I spent a lot of time in Africa and lived in a place where there was starvation, poverty and so I CAN empathize strongly with that part of it. My heart goes out to everyone who has been hit with all of these tragedies and hope the help they need so badly comes quickly and efficiently.

Peace begins with a smile. :)
M Teresa

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The goddamn goverment was slow. Other countries responded before the goverment of the philippines did. Communication is very slow and people now only rely on the media as communication. Artists helped them alot. People already made like 20 million pesos donation while the goverment has not donated anything yet and focus more on the pork barrel scam. Heck I am a Seraphim. I hated my goverment since there was a new president. He won't do anything except focus more on the least important things.

This is not only the problem. My country also suffered a 6.2 magnitude earthquake a few weeks ago before super typhoon Hayain destroyed the middle parts of the philippines. We also experienced several volcanic explosions and suffered the greatest volcanic explosion in the world a few decades back. We have been also been scammed by 1 billion pesos by a goverment official.

This is not just my country. Africa, America, It makes no difference. We all are victims of corruptness.

Eversince 2010 when the new president of my country came I hated him. I wanted to leave the country, but around me are helpless people who needs help. This pushed me to stay and help.

Thank you for your concerns.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
thank you for posting seraphim.I've been thinking of you.You must know that people from the Philippines make up a considerable part of Canada so this devastation hits very close for us.The communities will pull together but this will take much work to see the people affected helped and supported.
I don't under stand two names being given to the storm?We are capable of pronouncing unfamiliar names if the media is consistent.Not a big deal and hopefully this will be clear to all who will dig deep into their hearts and pockets.
be we'll.

I have a lot of friends in canada. I have no conatact with them for years now.

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Spent a short while earlier applying a final coat of clear lacquer to the lower part of the toy box , hinges will go on when this has hardened .

image-2598546324.jpg

image-801267005.jpg

And got started on a bench , recycled from an old bed .

image-2385047394.jpg

image-382625411.jpg

image-3457251006.jpg

image-2091317331.jpg

image-2658801056.jpg

image-988236476.jpg

So far so good, I'm working in a really small outhouse at the moment until my workshop in finished, so space is rather tight at the moment.

Sent from my iPad 3 64gb using iPF

dianne137

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sweet.:) what a great present Drewall.And in a blink of an eye the kids will be moving out and those will be repurposed as coffee tables or blanket boxes at their own homes and they can say "your Grampa made those!"
Just don't lose the spindles down the hole:) Of your small "out house."

Most reactions