What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Anything Goes" thread

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Guys what is the highest OS my iMac G3 can run? It is a Bondi Blue model but I dunno the specs. It is currently running OS 9.2 and I wanna upgrade it to OS X to use for my music production and maybe browsing the Plymouth Fury is an amazing car, though they're rare ! really rare at that, That is why I am getting a 1958 Savoy

From what I can find, 10.3 Panther for certain, 10.4 Tiger maybe. If your iMac has integrated firewire then probably.

Reaction score
It has FireWire and USB, and a cd drive. So I was thinking of burning 10.4 onto a cd and putting it in the drive and booting it and installing it, hopefully I can get it to work with Safari :)

the Plymouth Fury is an amazing car, though they're rare ! really rare at that, That is why I am getting a 1958 Savoy

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It has FireWire and USB, and a cd drive. So I was thinking of burning 10.4 onto a cd and putting it in the drive and booting it and installing it, hopefully I can get it to work with Safari :)

the Plymouth Fury is an amazing car, though they're rare ! really rare at that, That is why I am getting a 1958 Savoy

It's worth a try. If it does not work you can always fall back on 10.3. Hold in mind that most of the modern software you look at probably will not work. You're going to have to do some digging for older box sets or online repositories.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check the amount of RAM you have on board against the minimum specs for OSX 10.4, if you've got enough RAM then upgrading is a good idea, 10.4 will give you a much better user experience IMHO and will add to the available software that will run.

The Archangel

Reaction score
Okay, first I have to get a mouse and keyboard then get an OS X 10.4 CD :)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, first I have to get a mouse and keyboard then get an OS X 10.4 CD :) the Plymouth Fury is an amazing car, though they're rare ! really rare at that, That is why I am getting a 1958 Savoy

One thing worth noting is that you'll want the retail version of OSX and not the CD's that came with other Macs, as I recall Tiger (OSX 10.4) retail version is on a black coloured CD.

The Archangel

Reaction score
Oh okay, I didn't know there was two versions mate sorry

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh okay, I didn't know there was two versions mate sorry the Plymouth Fury is an amazing car, though they're rare ! really rare at that, That is why I am getting a 1958 Savoy

The grey discs, which you will often see for sale on eBay, are the restore discs which came bundled with a Mac when you bought a new one, they will only work on the Model of Mac that they were originally supplied with (so a grey disk for an iBook will not work with an iMac).

The Archangel

Reaction score
The grey discs, which you will often see for sale on eBay, are the restore discs which came bundled with a Mac when you bought a new one, they will only work on the Model of Mac that they were originally supplied with (so a grey disk for an iBook will not work with an iMac). The Archangel
okay, could you send me 10.4 Tiger on a disk? Make sure it is the PPC G3 version, so I can install it on my imac :)

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Nathan, now you are just showing off! ;)

Man plans. God laughs. :D
Love and Beloved.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nathan, now you are just showing off! ;) Man plans. God laughs. :D Love and Beloved.
Diane, when you don't want to get to the very first post in a thread, because you didn't already read that one, mark it as read:

image-3394481964.jpg

(Answer to question in "Post Lock Screen/Home Screen ...") :)

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well NOW you tell me,,THAT WAS A VERY IMPORTANT DETAIL YOU HID FROM ME,,,! :D ;) : o
Thanks!,,with lots of ice cream on top!

Love and Beloved.

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes, i have passed the 48hr. Mark now! ;(

Love and Beloved.

Most reactions